Insomniac confirms no DLC for Spider Man 2

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Game released buggy. They probably had to focus on fixing the bugs and then re-evaluated releasing DLC as it probably would have been a repeat of Spider-Man 1 DLC, which I'm assuming no one really played because it was trash.

Save Extreme Carnage for Venom
Save Spider-Verse Anomaly for Spider-Man 3

GOTY edition is cute...

They would be smart to make Spider-Man 3 based on Miles but not this universe's Miles but Miles from Spider-Verse who is much cooler.

• brain
Reactions: Papacheeks

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Yet. Those games will still sell 20x more than Steller Blade. 🤣 Also you don;t understand how game budgets work. The reasons for these very high budgets are because of the wages In California.
I dont care how much stellar blade sold or did not sell, at least shift up will get my money going forward not insomniac, I look forward to the coping and seething when a single player first party game bombs like concord as well

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Either way, DLC/expansions usually have a poor attach rate to the base game so Insomniac is better off moving on to Venom, Wolverine and eventually Spider Man 3.
Yep logically they can sell an additional 10-20 million with the standalone at 50 compared to a way smaller % that plays the DLC at 20.

1703003614552-png.3364

Will say if it's not cancelled bit speculation on Spider-Heroes instead of men we might get Cindy Moon/Silk in this one.

On the money laundering claims, I don't blame it. Totoki has been already on it specifically on the California side with lay-offs and talking about efficiency.

Reactions: peter42O

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Bah these lazy fucks in california get paid way too much anyways when most of the work is done by contractors in fricking vietnam and malaysia. I hope all the ills of the world befall the cesspool that is the western first party studios of Sony.

Wolverine is going to use nearly half of the assets of spidermid 2 and will cost more than spidermid 2, You cant make this up lol
The Office I Give Up GIF

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
You really are a dumbass. It’s sad when people on Era get it, yet you’re out here spreading this B.S. this is a good thing. That means that they’re most likely moving in to SM3. Or, they most likely moved this team to the rumored Venom project air to the Wolverine team. Idk why you cared for this DLC. Which most likely would have been mid. Also. You really have this obsession with Switch 2 dominating PS5.

Just put him on ignore.

He's all about Steam/Valve, Steam Deck, Switch 2 and how Sony is fucked.

23 Sep 2023
Lmao that dude is unhinged if so. Switch 2 is going to be so outdated by the time it releases and XSS/X so dead that technology and developers will have moved on. Switch didn't get 3rd party support after 100m sold and neither will Switch 2.

Switch has the most 3rd party support out of the 3 consoles? You should probably get some air in that helmet your wearing.

• haha
Reactions: Umar

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Exactly. That's what Naughty Dog said when they decided to have the planned U4 single-player DLC move to the standalone entry.

So there's even precedent from within SIE on this! Someone's gonna chime in and say "That's a different studio.". To which I'd say: well shouldn't SIE have standardized messaging between their own studios when it comes to this type of stuff?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Lmao that dude is unhinged if so. Switch 2 is going to be so outdated by the time it releases and XSS/X so dead that technology and developers will have moved on. Switch didn't get 3rd party support after 100m sold and neither will Switch 2.
Switch 1 is weak asf & is getting more 3rd party support then ever before. Switch 2 is rumored to be the same power as PS4 if not a little higher. 3rd party are still supporting PS4 even PS is still supporting PS4. You have to be in some serious cope if you think 3rd party will skip Nintendo Switch 2 after selling 150+ million & the power of Switch 2 to be near PS4. Yes 3rd party didn’t support Switch 1 like the ABK FTC case shown ABK ignored & Bobby said that was a mistake & they’ve said they would support a switch successor.

This notion that many people have the Nintendo console will continue to remain extremely underpower is nothing then misinformed cope even Shawn laden the chase for power will become less desirable as the return in both profits & power becomes less & less notable. It all comes back to what exclusive games you have to your platform/storefront even in subscription/media Netflix & Disney+ don’t have hardware but there shows are permanently exclusive to the storefront to differentiate itself from other competitors something PS & Xbox don’t have.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
>Outdated
>Sells 150 million units.

>Cutting edge
>Struggling to hit 100 million lifetime.

"Am I so out of touch? No. It's the gamers who are wrong" - Sony.
People truly don’t care about power, especially not in the future.

It’s all about the exclusive games & Nintendo makes more Nintendo exclusive games than both PS & Xbox combine.

Just compare the Switch exclusive games created or funded by Nintendo & compare Switch to PS4 & PS5. PS first party output is abysmal

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Boswollox

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
lol what?

PS5 has the most third party support, followed by Xbox and then Switch.
Steam has the most then PS, Xbox & Nintendo. Thoe I can see Nintendo surpass both Xbox & PS in 3rd party as console focus 3rd party publish on Switch 2 & mobile, indies, & pc games likely come to Switch 2 day 1 or 6 month to 1 year of the Switch 2 is anywhere near the power of PS4

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Id rather they concentrate on main games instead of DLC.
Id even prefer if they drop the Miles Morales, Lost Legacy , Venom, Frozem Wilds esk games and work on more main games

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
People truly don’t care about power, especially not in the future.

It’s all about the exclusive games & Nintendo makes more Nintendo exclusive games than both PS & Xbox combine.

Just compare the Switch exclusive games created or funded by Nintendo & compare Switch to PS4 & PS5. PS first party output is abysmal
The industry is about to run head-first off of a cliff, after smashing through sign after sign of "road out ahead".

People can't afford, or given the option, will choose not to buy, expensive hardware - especially when backed up with an anaemic software line up, just to play games in 4k with pretty shadows.
If people are offered an affordable option, albeit with 'downgraded' graphics, they will take that option every single time.

The most powerful console has never won a generation, the most affordable has.
Microsoft have learned that lesson and choose to ignore it, Sony is about to learn that lesson.

If the PS6 and Xbox 5 are £700+ on launch day, they're DoA.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
The industry is about to run head-first off of a cliff, after smashing through sign after sign of "road out ahead".

People can't afford, or given the option, will choose not to buy, expensive hardware - especially when backed up with an anaemic software line up, just to play games in 4k with pretty shadows.
If people are offered an affordable option, albeit with 'downgraded' graphics, they will take that option every single time.

The most powerful console has never won a generation, the most affordable has.
Microsoft have learned that lesson and choose to ignore it, Sony is about to learn that lesson.

If the PS6 and Xbox 5 are £700+ on launch day, they're DoA.
I do think it's fair to critique whether consumers will tolerate the cost of hardware prices in the future.

I already know among my younger relatives who can't afford to build a 4080 PC rig, they're just shelling out the $20 per month or whatever from their allowances for Geforce Now.

• Informative
Reactions: Boswollox