Insomniac Games' Project Director, Praise Sony's Culture For Investing In Their Own Employees....Also working on unannounced title

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
How dare people not like GaaS? Some people here... soon it wil be about people not liking mobile and microtransactions, Sony is always right and if what they are doing does not please you it's your fault.

If you are not willing to put Sony interests before your own are you even a fan?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Jet Pack is just a support studio for one of the other projects, isn't it? Anyways, you can't just call everything "AAA" and expect people to believe it. Ask Level Infinite's PR team how thats working out for them.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All this talk about Insonmiac and there’s a shit ton of new original stuff there of all kinds. There’s even an indication of Horizon 3 or another big DLC. There’s major fucking news for everything here 🤣

How does Firesprite have that kind of workload? Already… 4 projects. Also nice to see Housemeque’s next game listed on paper.

They’re also using specific language. So no… Insonmiac’s next game being multiplayer does not mean live service.

Edit: is this picture fan made? Fuck everything I just said

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
How dare people not like GaaS? Some people here... soon it wil be about people not liking mobile and microtransactions, Sony is always right and if what they are doing does not please you it's your fault.

If you are not willing to put Sony interests before your own are you even a fan?
That posters comment was simply dumb because they acted like the studio was giving up on Making Single Player games, when Insomniac has always made multiplayer games

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That posters comment was simply dumb because they acted like the studio was giving up on Making Single Player games, when Insomniac has always made multiplayer games
They haven’t made multiplayer modes since the PS3 was the hottest thing. Ignoring the coop flop Fuse, the Resistance games had multiplayer modes and are not “Multiplayer Games” as they are equally single player.

Multiplayer games are Fortnite, Warzone, etc etc and countless F2P flops.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They haven’t made multiplayer modes since the PS3 was the hottest thing. Ignoring the coop flop Fuse, the Resistance games had multiplayer modes and are not “Multiplayer Games” as they are equally single player.

Multiplayer games are Fortnite, Warzone, etc etc and countless F2P flops.
Which is why I said I this very thread PS4 generation was the only time they haven't made a multiplayer game barring PS1 era.

They are still making single player games, so I don't see how one multiplayer project suddenly equated to your original comment.

And your definition of Multiplayer games doesn't make sense. Any game that has multiplayer modes is a multiplayer game

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Which is why I said I this very thread PS4 generation was the only time they haven't made a multiplayer game barring PS1 era.

They are still making single player games, so I don't see how one multiplayer project suddenly equated to your original comment.

And your definition of Multiplayer games doesn't make sense. Any game that has multiplayer modes is a multiplayer game
Completely disagree. I don't consider e.g. Uncharted a "Multiplayer Game". That connotation is reductive if the game carries a Single player focus.

My original comment is as it stands.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Completely disagree. I don't consider e.g. Uncharted a "Multiplayer Game". That connotation is reductive if the game carries a Single player focus.

My original comment is as it stands.
That's your opinion but Uncharted is also a multiplayer game. I spent more time playing Uncharted 2 - 4 in Multiplayer modes than I did with the Single player and that was the case for others.

That's like saying COD games aren't multiplayer because they carry a single player.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Featuring multiplayer and being multiplayer driven are very different things.

Reactions: Shmunter

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Whats the problem now?

People are mad the studio who’s made 4 single player games this generation so far is making one multiplayer game?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Featuring multiplayer and being multiplayer driven are very different things.
No they aren't. Most games prior to the GaaS era had both. This is nothing more than moving goal posts.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Whats the problem now?

People are mad the studio who’s made 4 single player games this generation so far is making one multiplayer game?
SOME Playstation fans seems to have a malice with games having multiplayer or a dev working on a multiplayer games. I dunno when Playstation games were only suppose to be single players consider it was only last gen they sorta pulled back on this.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I feel like I’ve been hearing about how jim ryan is taking away single player games for 3 years now and so far there is still not one date for a multiplayer game.

When should i start being worried of not getting any more single player games, after spider-man 2?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That's your opinion but Uncharted is also a multiplayer game. I spent more time playing Uncharted 2 - 4 in Multiplayer modes than I did with the Single player and that was the case for others.

That's like saying COD games aren't multiplayer because they carry a single player.
Every game is multiplayer if you pass the controller around. 😂

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78