IO Interactive: We’re excited to welcome Rodrigo Santoro as Missions Director on Project 007.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

January 17, 2024

Rodrigo Santoro joins Project 007​

rodrigo-santoro-wide.jpg

Rodrigo's critical thinking and enthusiasm are qualities we welcome, and we look forward to seeing him act as Missions Director.”
- Frederik Villumsen, Associate Production Director
"Since we started the interview process last year, it was clear that Rodrigo stood out from the crowd. When talking with any of his former colleagues, we would only hear praise. As soon as we showed Project 007 to Rodrigo, he showed his excitement for the game and was already sharing ideas, thoughts, and asking many questions! His critical thinking and enthusiasm are qualities we welcome, and we look forward to seeing him make an impact as Missions Director, where he will direct the balancing of story, art and gameplay to design the most amazing Bond missions." shared Frederik Villumsen, Associate Production Director.
"I am super excited to join IOI! I admire how the studio dares to innovate and create new memorable game experiences. This is particularly remarkable in times when most companies are focused on making sequels. Project 007 got my attention since the day it was announced, and I feel incredibly fortunate to work with the team making the game. I was able to see more of the game and there is already something unique about it. Most importantly, every conversation that I have had so far with team members has shown the team is passionate about delivering a memorable and unique experience. Right now, I am looking forward to start working with the team, and together, delivering the best 007 game ever made." says Santoro.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
World (building) Director in Avatar, lead level designer in The Division 1 + 2, level designer in Crysis 2 + 3.

image.png

Fun fact: he works in Sweden but he's from Chile, studied Architecture and worked as freelance architect before moving in gaming. He studied a master in gamedev in an university from Barcelona, Spain before being hired by Crytek. I have some friends who were his teachers.

Last edited:

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Man the ubisoft projects dont add much to the resume, the crysis projects have more weight, Everything after 2013 has been a decline for him

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Man the ubisoft projects dont add much to the resume, the crysis projects have more weight, Everything after 2013 has been a decline for him
That is why he is at IO Interactive and not a big studio.
I hope he do good there... sometimes dropping to smaller studios can make the profissional rise.

Reactions: Gamernyc78