Is FFXVI made by the same pathetic director who made FFXIV?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I disagree, action combat is not bad at all. In fact I agree with the square enix devs that real time action systems mesh better with high fidelity/more realistic graphics. I haven't heard any good arguments from turn based apologists on how it's a superior system to action combat. You can be just as strategic in real time as you can in turn based combat (only exception is large squads like in tactics games).
you have to be way more tactical aware in action games then in turn base. turn base is slow and boring.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Persona 5 has one of my more recent favorite versions of turn based combat. Sometimes it got brain dead and I used auto-run in some parts of mementos but action combat gets that way too.

Strategy games like Advance Wars and FFT itself have the most addictive versions of turn based imo.

Hybrid is the style these days anyway. I mean you kinda need to with a party system. I don’t think anything has surpassed the “tales of” series when it comes to action combat in the genre.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hybrid is the style these days anyway. I mean you kinda need to with a party system. I don’t think anything has surpassed the “tales of” series when it comes to action combat in the genre.
Interesting to say that because the only "tales of" that imo did right was the first one for SNES :D :D :D

super-nintendo-tales-of-phantasia.gif

That is somehow copied by Star Ocean The Second Story in a 3D form ;)

PS. After that each Demo in PS Store put me off to buy a Tales Of game... the exception was one on PS3 that I doubled the Demo was reliable to what the final game was... well never finished the game... so I never doubted demos again.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Star Ocean and Tales of teams have the same origins. That’s why they share the same combat. I believe the Star Ocean team split off from tales. Someone would have to correct me but kinda sure that’s the story.

Vesperia and Arise are the best tales games. Yea, I’ve played Symphonia — Vesperia is far superior due to the dog alone.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
RE7 kinda threw it back to the RE I remember irregardless of perspective changes. Fantastic game. RE8 I can’t speak on yet but the even numbered games do tend to be the more action-y of the bunch consistently so I don’t mind if that’s the case either.