Is it time for PlayStation users to do a massive boycott of PSPlus to demand better conditions & prices on the platform

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
PlayStation fans have no way to affect PlayStation/Sony financially? :ROFLMAO:
Not immediately, no. Steam's effective because a massive wave of refunds has an immediate effect, after the game has already been sold.

You can cancel your Plus, not get their next game but there's nothing you can do now. They already have your Plus money and by the time their next game comes out, it's not as effective as doing it right now, when all drama's happening, as it sends a clear message.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Not immediately, no. Steam's effective because a massive wave of refunds has an immediate effect, after the game has already been sold.

You can cancel your Plus, not get their next game but there's nothing you can do now. They already have your Plus money and by the time their next game comes out, it's not as effective as doing it right now, when all drama's happening, as it sends a clear message.

So you are telling me, the one-star review I gave Helldivers 2 this morning is useless? 😞

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

What would you think would happen if PlayStation fans turned their back on PlayStation like many Xbox fans did with the Xbox One? The importance of PlayStation to Sony doesn't even compare to their PC port side hustle.

Stop subscribing to PS+, buy their games used (if at all), move to PC, people have plenty of options to easily boycott Sony. They asked for this by taking PlayStation fan for granted and assuming they were suckers. The only question left is if they made the right assumption or not.

Turns out arrogant Sony meme was actually true, I was wrong for dismissing it and betting that they were too smart to do that again.

Reactions: toadsage44

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
What would you think would happen if PlayStation fans turned their back on PlayStation like many Xbox fans did with the Xbox One? The importance of PlayStation to Sony doesn't even compare to their PC port side hustle.
But how would you pressure Sony immediately to get what you want? Unless 5 or 6 million people were on the cusp of their PS plus expiring and then you make a tweet that blows up and get those people to not extend their subs. No company cares about ratings, especially long after release.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The tactic that made Sony walk back this is refunds, not so much review scores.

Should try to ask for a refund on PSN then, without PC players having their accounts linked to PSN I don't feel safe to play the game anymore.

Maybe they will give in, even though I have the platinum in the game.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
But how would you pressure Sony immediately to get what you want? Unless 5 or 6 million people were on the cusp of their PS plus expiring and then you make a tweet that blows up and get those people to not extend their subs. No company cares about ratings, especially long after release.
I don't want to immediately get what I want, I just don't want to support a product and a company that threats that main clients as second class citizens. I also hope enough people into the PlayStation system feel the same as me.

Should try to ask for a refund on PSN then, without PC players having their accounts linked to PSN I don't feel safe to play the game anymore.

If you ask Sony for a refund on PlayStation they might just ban or black list you, that is how they threat PlayStaion costumers.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

Yeah, no. No one has a refund system as good as Steam, Sony is notorious for not giving refunds, it takes a CP 2077 major fuckup to get refunds from them.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
One thing for sure - As ps5 main player, I now feel like a 2nd class customer for sony.
We pay more for games
pay for online
and get worse versions of games.

Way to fucking go sony. Way to go.
Clearly we need to be whiny bitches to be treated better

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The prices on PSN are fine. Sometimes they are even cheaper than Steam. First-party is also a lot cheaper of course.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
One thing for sure - As ps5 main player, I now feel like a 2nd class customer for sony.
We pay more for games
pay for online
and get worse versions of games.

Way to fucking go sony. Way to go.
Clearly we need to be whiny bitches to be treated better

You now finally know why you own a 3080.

• haha
Reactions: Banana and rofif

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Good luck paying for servers and their maintenance without sony charging you something for online play. And are you going to spend more or buy more because things are now more affordable are more people going to migrate to psn if sony does this? How does this benefit their business? You are better off telling your government to increase base pay if you struggling to pay for entertainment cause that's a bigger problem.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Won’t work PS doesn’t have open reviews where you can type comment nor journalist or influencer cares about PS console it’s a one way road PS releasing games & bending the knee for PC = no longer needing to buy a PS console. Like Xbox become obsolete to PC players PC players want the same for PS

Also didn’t refund policy. Sony owns the PS platform you would have to create bots to mass call & mass refund to even get Sony attention

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Won’t work PS doesn’t have open reviews where you can type comment nor journalist or influencer cares about PS console it’s a one way road PS releasing games & bending the knee for PC = no longer needing to buy a PS console. Like Xbox become obsolete to PC players PC players want the same for PS

Also didn’t refund policy. Sony owns the PS platform you would have to create bots to mass call & mass refund to even get Sony attention
PS has a user review system and refund policy.

The thing is that in PS it is a proper refund policy, which refunds when there is a proper reason to refund (the user being a childish whining idiot isn't one of them).

And the PS platform is performing better than ever, btw.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I am already locked in with a far cheaper price that I've prepaid until 2028, so 🤷‍♂️

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Sub reups soon but I was going to let it lapse this year because I don't play anything online really and the freebies in plus are simply not worth the subscription. I was pretty pissed that they raised the price for no reason

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I must say Sony cucking to Steam players makes me feel uncomfortable with paying to play online on PSN. I don't feel like subsidizing the Steam user base is fair to me.