Is it time for PlayStation users to do a massive boycott of PSPlus to demand better conditions & prices on the platform

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I'm cancelling my PS+ subscription when it's up next year. I barely play online games and I've only been keeping the subscription for the "free" monthly games and the very rare occasion when I want to play something online. I have a short list of monthly games I've gotten over the past 8 years as a subscriber that I still haven't gotten to play, and once I play them I'll be ready for the membership to cancel. The only bad thing about cancelling plus is losing access to cloud saves, which SHOULDN'T be tied to a stupid ass paid subscription, but I don't really use cloud saves all that often anyway so it's really not going to affect me too much. This is why we need to send them a message and make them change their ways. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, and in the future who knows what else they'll lock behind the paid subscription. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually make PS+ a requirement to get trophies.

• Shake
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Nym

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
no use now.
Don't try, citizen, give up now.
70-80$ a year is nothing in the grand scheme of things, its about bending the knee and subsidising $28 dollar copies
Imagine caring more about a companies bottom line, than your own. Lick the boot.
Because scumbags kept exploting loopholes to buy in cheaper regions
Imagine seething this bad because people use legal loopholes to pay less for games.
Work hard, citizen and pump more money into corporate machine.
We already have enough retarded boycotts on Steam, we don't need them on PS too.
Don't try, citizen.
Not gonna work.
Imagine
As for Plus, it's never happening.
Being
Even if a million of us stop subscribing, it means nothing to Sony
This demoralised.
Facts Steam Nonces can get away with bullying developers, doing fraud and spreading viterol hate but console players pay for everything?
You pay because you pay. If you didn't pay or joined steam, you wouldn't have to pay.
This fight was lost too long ago
Don't try citizen, go back sleep.

The posters above also told you that Sony wouldn't back down. That the boycott was useless, yet here we are. Are these posters paid shills or just demoralised husks of people?
"PS3 online is trash, thats why its free, XBL gold is premium and better"

This is all that was said in 2005-2013.
There's a major difference between back then and now; good quality, high quality games.

People will deal with a lot of shit when the going is good. Bread and Circuses is tactic for a reason.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
Yeah , if they're bowing down to steam users that don't have to pay a subscription to play multiplayer then they can bow down to us mugs that actually support them by buying there console & using their storefront

Exactly. I don't mind paying but if Sony gives the same service to others for free thy have to give me more for my money. Give us priority access to premium servers, free skins and cosmetics, more free games, more of everything.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Imagine caring more about a companies bottom line, than your own. Lick the boot.
Yeah sry a 100$ a year doesn't make any difference to my bottom line. This amount of money is too little to get worked up about but you do you

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Yeah sry a 100$ a year doesn't make any difference to my bottom line. This amount of money is too little to get worked up about but you do you
idk about you but $100 a year is absolutely insane, that money could be put to buying more games instead of paying a subscription. That's me though.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Poor hands typed that post.

You still dodged the point though. A $100 of YOUR money means nothing to you, but the bottom line of a company means MORE than your worthless money?
Sure Jan GIF

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Poor hands typed that post.

You still dodged the point though. A $100 of YOUR money means nothing to you, but the bottom line of a company means MORE than your worthless money?
Sure Jan GIF
Genius I find what they give for my money worth it you don't what does it even have to do with a corporation's bottomline. I will stop using it when I feel its not worth it anymore, get a job terminally online person and stop telling others how to spend their money

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

Don’t worry Sony & PS death bed are soon

PS fucking around with PC instead of focusing on its own platform & storefront.

Fully expect many 3rd party to release simultaneously with PC, PS while having lower price Nintendo online & true exclusive games. Sony lack focus on PS & did a complete 180.

You know it’s bad when PS core are thinking of jumping ship & migrating to other reliable platform & storefront. Will look back at PS5 generation & say damn what went wrong how did they go from PS4 to Xbox strategy to a tea. When people say PS console are nothing more then an Xbox 2.0 they ain’t lying the fact that’s even a conversation apart the PS brand is comical it’s like comparing Louis Vuitton to H&M & Louis Vuitton copying H&M strategy 1 to 1

Last edited:

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024

Don’t worry Sony & PS death bead are soon

Fully expect many 3rd party to release simultaneously with PC, PS while having lower price Nintendo online & true exclusive games. Sony lack focus on PS & did a complete 180.

You know it’s bad when PS core are thinking of jumping ship & migrating to other reliable platform & storefront. Will look back at PS5 generation & say damn what went wrong how did they go from PS4 to Xbox strategy to a tea. When people say PS console are nothing more then an Xbox 2.0 they ain’t lying the fact that’s even a conversation apart the PS brand is comical it’s like comparing Louis Vuitton to H&M & Louis Vuitton copying H&M strategy 1 to 1

Come on, Nintendo isn't a serious option. They cater to kids and families, they have nothing like Sony's incredible first party lineup of mature games.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The important thing is what you get for these $100:

As an example, every year I get more than $100 worth of games I like. So only for the games it's worth to me. Or get more than $100 in PS+ discounts for games or addons I was going to buy anyways.

On top of that, I get the cloud saves, cloud gaming to in some rare cases play some PS game via cloud gaming on my laptop, online MP (I only use it for Street Fighter, recently also for Helldivers 2) or the full game trials of some cool games.

In my case I think what I get it's worth more than $200/year, so I pay the PS+ premium (normally using 25-30% off discounted PSN credit cards or PS Plus cards from cdkey stores) and I think I'm getting a great deal by far.

For some people the combination of games they like in a year and the PS+ discounts they use in a year may not be enough to compensate that yearly payment, but I assume this may apply only to the average casual console player who only buy one a couple games per year. I assume that any hardcore player who buys and plays more games will be worth it.

What is their next major 1st party mature single player game? Wolverine next year?
After releasing Helldivers 2, MLB, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade this year they'll have minimum Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Until Dawn remake, Concord, Lost Soul Aside and Convallaria. Next year we'll have minimum Death Stranding 2, Marathon, apparently Venom and who knows if Fairgame$. Wolverine is apparently a 2026 game.

There are also first party unannounced games like Horizon Online, Cory's new IP, Team Asobi's next game, Firesprite's horror adventure game (Until Dawn 2 maybe?) that could be also announced and released in 2024, 2025 or 2026.

I assume the Team Asobi game would be the only non-mature, kids friendly game.

Don’t worry Sony & PS death bed are soon

Bullshit, the PS platform, userbase & storefront is performing better than ever and growing:

PS has the biggest active userbase they or any console brand ever had, they sell more games for their console every year than any other console ever sold in gaming history, their first party games are selling in console better than ever, Sony's game sub is making more money than any console sub ever did in gaming history.

PS continues having not only the best console exclusives, but also the best 3rd party support regarding multiplatform games because many of them are not available on Swith, Xbox or PC but always are on PS.

PS not only continues dominating Xbox and Nintendo: PS is increasing their market share.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Aloy

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
As an example, every year I get more than $100 worth of games I like. So only for the games it's worth to me. Or get more than $100 in PS+ discounts for games or addons I was going to buy anyways.

It makes sense if there are games there that you wanted to play but wouldn't have bought, most of the games i wanted i already bought beforehand though.

The PS Premium was the only thing i cared about, but they have been drip feeding us some of the worst games i just ended up subscription.

The ps3 had a much better selection of psone classics than this rubbish. Most of these games don't even have trophies either unless they are first party.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It makes sense if there are games there that you wanted to play but wouldn't have bought, most of the games i wanted i already bought beforehand though.

The PS Premium was the only thing i cared about, but they have been drip feeding us some of the worst games i just ended up subscription.

The ps3 had a much better selection of psone classics than this rubbish. Most of these games don't even have trophies either unless they are first party.
Unlike in PS3, many of them now have trophies, or instead of being there emulated they are remastered or remade.

Regarding PS1/PS2/PSP classics, we saw the PSN sales of all the 1st party ones in all platforms and basically nobody buys them. So that's the reason of why companies don't put more there: because most players aren't interested on them.

People buys more newer games, or at least remastered, remade games, or bundled in collections.

Last edited:

Banana

10 Jan 2023
For the record, cloud saves cost virtually nothing. Steam does them for free.