Is PlayStation support garbage everywhere?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I was blessed with a malfunctioning PlayStation disc drive recently and I'm just blown away by how bad Sony/PlayStation support for it is. Is it something specific to Brazil?

Most of the information on the site leads nowhere, you are sometimes put in contact with self proclaimed "PlayStation players" that for some reason are working for Sony and are the most useless and brain dead people I've ever seen, all their solutions are stupid and make no sense whatsoever and they don't seem to have any idea what they are talking about, to make it even better they are passive aggressive.

Ultimately, after having to call them multiple times I got Sony to send me a box, sent my PlayStation to them 2 weeks ago and since then they have done absolutely nothing, they don't even provide any sort of tracking for the repair nor do they send any messages to update you.

Compared to the other costumer services I had to deal with recently (Logitec and Corsair), PlayStation is unbelievably bad.

Last edited:

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Had my account stolen. Got it back in 20 minutes. But if it breaks, it goes in the trash. Only threw a ps2 and an xbone.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Jim you're off your meds again..... Back on topic I've only had to contact them once. On trying to refund a digital version of Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition. Took awhile with support but they were just following the hurdles. Did you try reinstalling the game? Did you reformat the console to factory settings? Had issues with the game frequently crashing on my old Pro but got my money back in the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You must be level 4 in PlayStation Stats to receive good customer support.
I buy all my games on disc and my PS+ subscription is on a different region from my main account (since PSN didn't exist in Brazil when I first created my user).

I hope this is a joke.

They better not send me back some other malfunctioning refurbished PS5, because mine was working fine aside from the disc drive.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I can only describe two instances i had with ps5 support they were both excellent but I have had friends that say it was diabolical for them

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I never had to chat, email or call them. Everything always works 100% 🤷‍♂️
Lucky bastard. That was me until I bought a PS5 with a busted disc drive.

Now I have seen their true face. Diabolical costumer support here in Brazil, seems like it was designed 40 years ago before email became a thing.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is called karma 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂 stop spreading FUD and you'll get better service. You're welcome 😎
Sony figured out my username and bricked my disc driver to force me to welcome a digital only future. Now they seem to have stolen my PS5.

I wonder if it wasn't you who did it, very suspicious.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's not just Brazil. If you are outside of the core regions PS does not give a crap about you as a customer. They are well aware they dominate those markets thanks to brand awareness built during PS1/PS2/PS3 piracy eras. So they do the bare minimum as folks will buy the console anyway.

Last edited:
  • sad

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Only reached out to support once, to get a refund on a game. Flawless experience for me.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's not just Brazil. If you are outside of the core regions PS does not give a crap about you as a customer. They are well aware they dominate those markets thanks to brand awareness built during PS1/PS2/PS3 piracy eras. So they do the bare minimum.
Brazil is like one of the biggest markets for PlayStation

• brain
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Who here works for Sony?

They just sent me an SMS saying that they shipped my console, what are the odds?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony needs to come back to Brazil, the worst decision they took in recent years was leaving the country in 2021, specially with PlayStation being so big here, the pontential to sell a lot of TVs and Soundbars/Home Theaters was very big this gen

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I was blessed with a malfunctioning PlayStation disc drive recently and I'm just blown away by how bad Sony/PlayStation support for it is. Is it something specific to Brazil?
é nois.From what I gather its just here, i dont even try to get oficial support, there is a really solid unnoficial videogame tech support place in my city and I just go directly to them whenever necesary.

• brain

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If its digital issues, like a refund or something wrong with your account, I believe its the same everywhere.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony needs to come back to Brazil, the worst decision they took in recent years was leaving the country in 2021, specially with PlayStation being so big here, the pontential to sell a lot of TVs and Soundbars/Home Theaters was very big this gen
Availability and price of PlayStation products has been good recently here. Zero Sony TVs on the market now tho, LG and Samsung dominate the high end.

Their brand name was huge here before they gave up, shameful, specially since the other TV manufactures seem to be doing really well.