Is there anyone here that likes Resident Evil 6?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I know from my 2 years here than Resident Evil 4 is very divisive and Resident Evil 5 and 6 are as well but I haven't heard a single person here say they actually like Resident Evil 6.
Just look at the reactions in this thread: https://icon-era.com/threads/today-is-the-10-year-anniversary-of-resident-evil-6.1165/
It was my first midnight launch I ever went to and I even platinumed the game on PS3 the day before Halloween 2012.
I honestly was super disappointed in it and hated how hard some of the QTE's were. However for some reason i decided to get the Xbox One version back in 2017 and Got all the non multiplayer achievements on October 30th, 2018 which was the 6 year anniversary of me getting the platinum on PS3 in 2012.

I liked it more but still found it frustrating at some parts.

Well 2 years ago today I bought the PS4 version digitally and have been playing it recently and I think third time might be the charm.

earlier this year when I was getting all the trophies in RE2 remake, RE3 Remake, RE4 Remake, RE7, RE0, and RE1 remake I tried to play RE6 on amateur and got wrecked multiple times. Same as when I picked it up again in late 2022. However know that I got the Platinum on RE7 on PS5. (I just need like 2 more trophies for the platinum on the PS4 version and 1 DLC trophy I think.)
The Platinum in RE0
The Platinum on RE3 Remake on both PS4 and PS5
The Platinum on RE2 Remake on both PS4 and PS5
The Platinum on RE4 Remake on both PS4 and PS5
and have all the trophies in RE1 Remake except for the "Get use to It" trophy and the platinum of course.

I have been spending some time replaying RE6 and getting all the trophies and now with my mind clear the game is actually sort of fun. While there are some bad parts in this game and frustrating level design. I think I am actually having more fun with RE6 then I had with RE4 Remake or RE2 Remake. Thanks to the PS4 remaster toning down the insane QTE's I actually appreciate this game much more now then I did 12 years ago.

I still hate playing the opening part of Ada's Chapter 1 on professional because how weird the cover system in this game is and I am always accidently going in and out of cover because of the fact the hallways are really narrow and it just doesn't work with me well.

So is there anyone here who actually likes RE6? Who knew 18 year old me on this night:
would eventually come to love the game!

But also want to feel old?

Today Megaman 11 is now as old as Resident Evil 6 was when Megaman 11 released

Megaman 11 released on October 2nd, 2018 on the 6 year Anniversary of Resident Evil 6 on PS3 and Xbox 360, Today Megaman 11 turns 6 years old and Resident Evil 6 turns 12 years old.

Does it really feel like it's been 6 years since the last mainline Megaman Game came out?
Also does it feel like it's been 12 years since Resident Evil 6 has been out?
When Resident Evil 6 came out the Resident Evil franchise was only 16 years old and now we are only 4 years away from Resident Evil 6 turning 16.

When Resident Evil 6 released we were only about a month away from the release of the Wii U and a little over a year away from the PS4 and Xbox One.

When Megaman 11 released we were only about 2 years away from the release of the PS5 and Xbox Series Systems.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I was so disgusted, I deleted the demo after a few minutes of gameplay and if it wasn't for how Capcom turned around the franchise, it would be entirely dead to me just because of RE6.

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
I played it and got all the chapters done/ secret stuff but other than that 5 is the better coop experience

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I enjoyed it, still prefer RE5 but RE6 at the time had some excellent animations for an action game especially in Mercenaries... I had a blast playing that with friends

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I didn't finish it but to me it was clearly the worst one by a huge margin, I played the Leon segment and it was bad but at least made me think of better RE games, I gave up during the Chris section because holy shit this game is bad

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Couldn't play it for more than 30 min it's just so bad... Can't believe it sold that much. But there's a whole generation that grew with action resident evil titles...

The only action RE games I liked were RE4 (but wish RE 3.5 was made instead) and revelations 2, the operations mode (I think it was called that way) that one in particular is pretty addicting.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Couldn't play it for more than 30 min it's just so bad... Can't believe it sold that much. But there's a whole generation that grew with action resident evil titles...

The only action RE games I liked were RE4 (but wish RE 3.5 was made instead) and revelations 2, the operations mode (I think it was called that way) that one in particular is pretty addicting.
Revelations 2 is way worse than revelations 1 although I thought Alex welker was a good villain

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
it was awesome IMO, over hated but def the worst in the mainline series for sure. a lot of Lost Planets DNA is here. coop was the proper way to play

Reactions: Danja and rofif

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
RE6 aka Giraffe man BJ is the worst in the mainline series. The thing I like about it is that it's negative reception was a wake up call for capcom. They didn't go wrong after that. All their games are top quality since then.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's the only mainline RE game I only finished once. I even played ORC more. It tried to have its cake and eat it too. they wanted all audiences and ended up pleasing no one.

You see bits and pieces of something really good here but 10 minutes later, it's gone. Like the church section in Leon's campaign. You get a good atmosphere, solve a little puzzle but then you;re back to just shooting hordes of enemies.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It was a nice coop game that I thoroughly enjoyed playing it with a friend from start to finish.

It's just not a great Resident Evil game. It came when coop was all the rage and mistakes were made. Dead Space 3 suffered from the same fate, as you can't just make a survival horror game into multiplayer without practically taking out all the scares.