It looks like WB Games is safe from acquisition

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Thank god, i think multiversus probably saved them. I made a post before saying i hope sony gets them but I’d rather see them stay third party along with every other big publisher right now

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Good?

I dunno, talented folks.. but still a mess of a company owning them to some extent.

edit: Sorry read your thread title wrong ignore my OG post lol

P

peter42O

No problem with WB Games staying as is even though I would have preferred Microsoft to acquire WB instead of ABK. Oh well. Can't get everything.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
stressed out crying GIF

I really wanted to see MK with the marketing/development resources at Sony behind it from a platform holder with more business clout behind them for negotiating guest stars, and EVO co-owner having more invested into MK's success.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good?

I dunno, talented folks.. but still a mess of a company owning them to some extent.

edit: Sorry read your thread title wrong ignore my OG post lol

Id rather them stay a mess then be bought out by someone like MS or EA. Or anyone in fact

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No problem with WB Games staying as is even though I would have preferred Microsoft to acquire WB instead of ABK. Oh well. Can't get everything.

Why have MS buy even more when they haven’t shown much ability to deal with their current IP’s and studios?
Its weird seeing gamers wanting every studio, publisher and IP being bought by MS…

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Multiversus’ 15 mins are up. It’s already dropping off steeply. Don’t speak too soon.

P

peter42O

Why have MS buy even more when they haven’t shown much ability to deal with their current IP’s and studios?
Its weird seeing gamers wanting every studio, publisher and IP being bought by MS…

For WB, four reasons.

1. I only care about Xbox/PlayStation so if Sony can't acquire them which I highly doubt that they would, it leaves Microsoft as I have zero interest in having to buy a third platform or stream games so I don't want an Apple, Tencent or Amazon to acquire them as I have zero interest in seeing a third player in gaming. Apple is rumored to be developing a gaming console and Amazon has Luna. I have zero interest in either so personally, if it came down to who was to acquire WB, it's 1) Microsoft, 2) Sony and 3) Third party publisher like Take Two Interactive, Embracer Group, etc.

2. Microsoft acquiring Bethesda and ABK are mostly first person games. I prefer third person games. So WB which mostly does all third person would balance this out.

3. DC licenses. Microsoft should go after Star Wars/DC/Marvel/Disney licensed properties in my opinion. Majority of them are hot so to get them as exclusives would be huge plus it would create a dynamic competition between Sony and Microsoft in regards to Marvel vs DC and which end up being bigger and better.

4. Game Pass. I no longer have to buy any WB game. They all become a $10 monthly rental. I'm not someone who looks at paying $70 for a game as getting a better product as there's been plenty of $60 games I have bought that weren't worth shit while I have spent $20 or $40 on games that were easily worth $60. Having an extra $60 in my pocket as opposed to giving it to a billion or trillion dollar company that doesn't need it is obviously better for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For WB, four reasons.

1. I only care about Xbox/PlayStation so if Sony can't acquire them which I highly doubt that they would, it leaves Microsoft as I have zero interest in having to buy a third platform or stream games so I don't want an Apple, Tencent or Amazon to acquire them as I have zero interest in seeing a third player in gaming. Apple is rumored to be developing a gaming console and Amazon has Luna. I have zero interest in either so personally, if it came down to who was to acquire WB, it's 1) Microsoft, 2) Sony and 3) Third party publisher like Take Two Interactive, Embracer Group, etc.

2. Microsoft acquiring Bethesda and ABK are mostly first person games. I prefer third person games. So WB which mostly does all third person would balance this out.

3. DC licenses. Microsoft should go after Star Wars/DC/Marvel/Disney licensed properties in my opinion. Majority of them are hot so to get them as exclusives would be huge plus it would create a dynamic competition between Sony and Microsoft in regards to Marvel vs DC and which end up being bigger and better.

4. Game Pass. I no longer have to buy any WB game. They all become a $10 monthly rental. I'm not someone who looks at paying $70 for a game as getting a better product as there's been plenty of $60 games I have bought that weren't worth shit while I have spent $20 or $40 on games that were easily worth $60. Having an extra $60 in my pocket as opposed to giving it to a billion or trillion dollar company that doesn't need it is obviously better for me.

I just rather they stay 3rd party or with a publisher who will do a good job of the Ip’s. I can’t name a publisher that really looks after their older ip well

P

peter42O

I just rather they stay 3rd party or with a publisher who will do a good job of the Ip’s. I can’t name a publisher that really looks after their older ip well

I have no problem if WB stays as is. All im saying is that if they were to be sold off, I have my preferences as to who I would want to see buy them. In general, most publishers don't do a great job with their IP's esecially when so many stay dead or dormant for decades.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
They’ve been a pretty decent publisher to be honest. Would prefer they stay the course but the Warner/Discovery deal feels like when WCW Nitro got cancelled. It might be all over 🥲

Reactions: ksdixon

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Hope it doesn't die,i like it.

It seems to have genuine fan support which is nice to see.

I don’t think it’s going anywhere. It still manages to do what other “fighters” have not so that itself is a massive feat.

I just think peoples expectations were a bit high. Still a niche genre compared to the rest.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Ffs. Can Sony just save NRS and Rocksteady already? Im not really familliar with other game studios or IPs owned, but I'll no doubt be forgetting someone. Or buy WBD altogether? There must be enough synergize's across media, comics, films, TV channel syndication/streaming content libraries; and games - be that IP leverage or talent ownership and then further investment/nurturing. Or playing into EVO ambitions, having Batman/DC as a backup or a barganing chip if Marvel get too cute.

Edit: I care about the games and the better level of support Sony could provide. But you gotta spend money to make money later.

Last edited: