Its almost been 4 years since Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us Part 2 released

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
it’s now May 2024, Last of Us Part 2 released June 19th 2020 and Tsushima a month later July 17th.

Both these games have had current gen remasters and PC Ports.

If there really is a showcase next month, should we expect announcements from both Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog? If not, will they even release games this generation?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
  • Shake
Reactions: JAHGamer

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Sucker Punch, yes
Naughty Dog, no

ND wasted 4+ years and $200m + on factions 2, and wasted more time on a needless remake, as well as a PC port that flopped. Don’t expect anything from them anytime soon.

I wonder if JAHGamer will ever admit he is wrong when Naughty Dog DOES show what they're working on.

The idea that Naughty Dog was working exclusively on Factions is hilarious. He also calls the remake needless, despite it being a top selling game. Calls the PC Port a flop, but doesn't realize that the game is going to sell well again when Season 2 releases on HBO....

Reactions: Hezekiah

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
it’s now May 2024, Last of Us Part 2 released June 19th 2020 and Tsushima a month later July 17th.

If there really is a showcase next month, should we expect announcements from both Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog? If not, will they even release games this generation?

There was 4 years between Uncharted 4 and TLOU P2 and even TLOUP2 was delayed due to the pandemic.

Naughty Dog HAS lost time due to the pandemic and working on multiple projects, so to suggest that now is the time that they HAVE to show their latest game is a bit mistaken.

And yes, of course they will release games this generation.

This generation is going to continue for another 4 years at a minimum. I think we can expect a minimum of 2 games from Naughty Dog this generation. At least one new IP and TLOU P3.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I wonder if JAHGamer will ever admit he is wrong when Naughty Dog DOES show what they're working on.

The idea that Naughty Dog was working exclusively on Factions is hilarious. He also calls the remake needless, despite it being a top selling game. Calls the PC Port a flop, but doesn't realize that the game is going to sell well again when Season 2 releases on HBO....

Until Naughty Dog ACTUALLY show something and release it, JAHGamer is 100% right.

It's almost 5 years now and Naughty Dog still haven't shown off any new games and no the 69 Last Of Us remakes don't count as new games.

Naughty Dog HAS lost time due to the pandemic and working on multiple projects, so to suggest that now is the time that they HAVE to show their latest game is a bit mistaken.

We still using the Pandemic as an excuse? This Pandemic didn't seem to have an effect on Insomniacs output so what's Naughty Dogs Excuse?

despite it being a top selling game

You can take a look at the insomniac leak for Sony Sales, TLOU wasn't a top selling game

So i don't know why you are spreading blatant lies...

The gane cost $200 million to make, it only made a small profit of 40 million

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Those are PSN numbers only.

• they're_right_you_know

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

If they announce that they're working on games this year, then that isn't good. They need to pull a full Kingdom come 2 and tell us that TLoU3 (or whatever) is releasing this year.

ND have gone to shit since and because of TLoU2. Druckman should have been fired from ND for what he did to the series, then fired out of a cannon for how much smug he has polluted the world with.

@Box is right about the mental gymnastics that will be used to excuse another poor showing, if it happens.

Using the pandemic as an excuse was pathetic four years ago, now it's just cope. Ask yourself, if WFH was so productive, as we were constantly being told it was, why, when studios WFH, did it take much longer to make games?

Reactions: toadsage44 and Box

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
If they announce that they're working on games this year, then that isn't good. They need to pull a full Kingdom come 2 and tell us that TLoU3 (or whatever) is releasing this year.

TLoU Part 3 is not the next ND game, it's the other SP game(new IP?) that will release first.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Rise of the Ronin is right there if you want a GOT2 fix.
Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Until Naughty Dog ACTUALLY show something and release it, JAHGamer is 100% right.

It's almost 5 years now and Naughty Dog still haven't shown off any new games and no the 69 Last Of Us remakes don't count as new games.

In the most perfect of conditions and assuming their next game would take longer to develop than TLOU2, how long do you think it would take Naughty Dog to make a game?

We still using the Pandemic as an excuse? This Pandemic didn't seem to have an effect on Insomniacs output so what's Naughty Dogs Excuse?

I mean you can pretend as if the pandemic didn't happen, but not sure how realistic that is. Insomniac had released Spider-Man in 2018. Both Miles Morales and Spider-Man 2 reutilize many of the same assets and engine of the first game. Even Rift Apart utilizes a lot from Ratchet and Clank 2016.

That is how Insomniac has been productive, but it's also why they've never won GOTY award and their games struggle to break 90 on metacritic, whereas Naughty Dog games are basically a failure if they don't hit 90.

You're talking about two completely different standards.

You can take a look at the insomniac leak for Sony Sales, TLOU wasn't a top selling game

I don't know if you're referring to TLOU2 or the remake... It sounds like you're talking about TLOU2 here and blatantly ignoring physical sales to suggest that the games profit was only generated from what it sold digitally... Even if the 242 million is 70 percent of total sales, that would still mean it had 345 million in total revenue... talk about blatantly lying... It's also 3rd on their list.

If you were talking about TLOUP1 not being a top seller. It's literally 23rd on the list and made 50 million on Playstation store alone (not including PC or physical sales) and will continue to sell everytime a season of TLOU comes out on HBO.

• brain

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Rise of the Ronin is right there if you want a GOT2 fix.

Btw, Kai Cenat (huge streamer, the one that was arrested for the PS5 giveaway) is doing a Ghost a Tsushima event this weekend 😁

I watched parts of that stream, very entertaining. I see why he’s the most popular guy on Twitch.

• fire

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Also, think about this. Final Fantsy 7 remake came out the same year as TLOU2 and Ghosts and Rebirth already came and went and its 3’xs the size of Remake.
In Sucker Punch’s defense, they did release an entire multiplayer game mode as well as a DLC (that’s 5x longer than the Yuffie DLC). So I don’t mind them taking a bit longer.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What's with the hate? The game is great and it's holding better than Dragons Dogma on PSN. Ronin will get a second revival after that terrible release date.

This is not even half the total profit. It was a year ago and before the Remastered. It made over double that. I hate Abby too but we don't have to exaggerate the damage.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No just 4 years, its in the title

In a few months it will be 5

Those are PSN numbers only.

And nost Sales these days are digital, the stats back it up.

Also, think about this. Final Fantsy 7 remake came out the same year as TLOU2 and Ghosts and Rebirth already came and went and its 3’xs the size of Remake.

Weird how the Pandemic didn't slow them down but it somehow slowed down Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog.

It all just comes down to bad management.

Using the pandemic as an excuse was pathetic four years ago, now it's just cope. Ask yourself, if WFH was so productive, as we were constantly being told it was, why, when studios WFH, did it take much longer to make games?
Its down to bad management by Neil Druckmann, the Pandemic hasn't slowed down Insomniac. A good manager would adapt to new circumstances not make bullshit excuses.

Maybe Druckmann should focus on making games instead of supporting Israeli war Crimes on twitter.

how long do you think it would take Naughty Dog to make a game?

Halfway through the gen and we havent had a single game from them, during the ps3 days we had 4 games made by naughty Dog.

That is how Insomniac has been productive, but it's also why they've never won GOTY award and their games struggle to break 90 on metacritic, whereas Naughty Dog games are basically a failure if they don't hit 90.

The only thing that matters is Sales, Sony is a buisness. 99% people couldn't care less about some imaginary score posted online.

Even if the 242 million is 70 percent of total sales, that would still mean it had 345 million in total revenue... talk about blatantly lying... It's also 3rd on their list.

And only 145 million in profit which is what actually matters. Revenue without profit is useless.

• fire
Reactions: xollowsob

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Halfway through the gen and we havent had a single game from them, during the ps3 days we had 4 games made by naughty Dog.

I know you don't care about how real life works, but we had so many games from them during the PS3 generation because games took way less time to develop back then and Uncharted 1-3 + TLOU utilized the same engine and a lot of the same assets.

It seems like people refuse to accept that games take longer to develop, particularly if they are original IP and especially if they're utilizing new bespoke engines.

One of the biggest criticisms of God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West is that they reused assets from the previous games, so they felt more like cross gen DLC than next-generation games.

The only thing that matters is Sales, Sony is a buisness. 99% people couldn't care less about some imaginary score posted online.

They care about scores because they often correlate with sales and awards which can spur on more sales. They also use them to recruit staff who want to work on the best games in the industry, all aspects of business you seem completely ignorant of.

And only 145 million in profit which is what actually matters. Revenue without profit is useless.

145 million isn't a lot of profit? And the game isn't even done selling. As I said, it'll once again chart when another season releases on HBO and when it is ported to PC (probably by nixxes this time around).

It is probably the 2nd most profitable franchise in Sony history behind only God of War, so not sure what you're benchmarking it against.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
know you don't care about how real life works, but we had so many games from them during the PS3 generation because games took way less time to develop back then and Uncharted 1-3 + TLOU utilized the same engine and a lot of the same assets.
Ackshually, the time to triangle was the highest during the PS3, which was the most complicated to make games for due to the Cell split ram.

You're coping over TLoU2 sales. People won't play the game knowing what happens on the story. Sony have more chance of selling TLoU 1 and factions games (which should have never been cancelled).