It's been 12 months since Microsoft purchased Activision Blizzard, so what's changed?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
all that happened was a crazily high number of xbox users acting like lunatics on the web. Here's some things I read.

> great for employees (close to 3000 jobs were lost)
> xbox should make cod exclusive
> that this was so MS could "compete" with PS (LMAO)
> All ABK games instantly on GP (lol)
> Incited more consolidation cheerleading in spaces like these
> insisting that MS is some underdog that needed help
> telling everyone that this would bring back old IP (lol)

I'm missing a shit ton but to put it shortly, it was a mass delusion show being ran by MS PR that worked incredibly well considering it seemed most of the internet was on board with that mess, I mean people really pushed the narrative that MS was going to clean the toxic nature of ABK up... like MS is full of superheroes rather than a megacorp doing everything it can to amass more power. the whole situation brought me here, seemingly the only place on the internet at the time that actually understood that MS buying ABK was not good for the industry.

Funniest part about it, is I think this acquisition ended up making Xbox worse... contradicting all of the weird fan fantasies that were brewing up in their fandom at the time. Fans thought this would be about letting Xbox compete but in reality this was an escape plan for MS to be able to remain in gaming WITHOUT competing.

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They fired a lot... I mean really a lot... of people.

Besides that quality dropped but that is most a by product of Gamepass and not really the acquisition.