It’s crazy to think Sony has the biggest first party shooter now

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
With Destiny 2, and now that they’re gearing up with Their new bungie games, Firewalk, Deviation, Etc. who knows how many more they will have? Pretty significant change within just a year.

Sci-Fi Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There are no other first party shooters tho.

Not bad for a game that charges its players $100 a year to play. Hoping the next expansion will be the one that will leave last gen machines behind moving forward. It should be tbh.

Season is pretty much over. Seasonal event starts next week that caters to f2p players and might give it a little bump but don’t care. Waiting for the next season.

They keep doubling down on sbmm. It’s really starting to annoy me.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I love Destiny but I mostly play solo....

Just do the weeklies when I can and love jumping into PVP, especially when Iron Banner is on.

The cool thing about it is the breadth of activities they have available, there's almost something for everyone IMO.

But as @Vertigo says SBMM is a bit of an issue in gaming in general now that certainly applies to Destiny.

video games destiny GIF

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The biggest FPS, and the biggest money-maker.

MS has Doom, but is it a big-seller? And now without Playstation it's doomed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
And Sony were smart enough to realise pulling games would limit future acquisition opportunities

Xbox is being limited in a way that won't apply to Sony based on their actions with Bungie

Once Sony buy Square, From Software and whoever else they desire with the intent to keep them multiplatform, they can eventually just pull the rug on Xbox and Nintendo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The biggest FPS, and the biggest money-maker.

MS has Doom, but is it a big-seller? And now without Playstation it's doomed.

Doom was good for 5 and even maybe 10 million in sales potential. Well.. was… cuz ya know gamepass.

I loved both 2016 and Eternal. Don’t like that Bethesda souled out.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
With Destiny 2, and now that they’re gearing up with Their new bungie games, Firewalk, Deviation, Etc. who knows how many more they will have? Pretty significant change within just a year.

Sci-Fi Ps4 GIF by PlayStation
This is not a 1st Party shooter, upcoming Destiny III will be also available on Xbox Series S|X.

The real and probably biggest shooter will be if Deviation’s or Firewalk’s project will make the turn. Until now we can’t speak of Sony has the biggest shooter. Either way I am curious if Firewalk or Deviation will make the spiritual successor to COD.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Yobo

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This is not a 1st Party shooter, upcoming Destiny III will be also available on Xbox Series S|X.

The real and probably biggest shooter will be if Deviation’s or Firewalk’s project will make the turn. Until now we can’t speak of Sony has the biggest shooter. Either way I am curious if Firewalk or Deviation will make the spiritual successor to COD.
It's still 1st party - that term just means developed by a Sony owner studio.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
What does SBMM mean?

Skill-based match making.

For whatever reason some industrywide edict has been apparently made that requires all online games to have strict skill based matchmaking so every game is 50/50. Win one and lose one. That’s the goal and its effects on games is terrible.

Sometimes they get it down nicely. Then a new change makes new problems. I thought it was in a good place up until last weeks change.

Good for new players. Bad for veterans. Everything is sweaty and you must run meta or suffer. It’s not fun sometimes

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

It is 100% first party

Is Minecraft not Xbox first party?