It's not vaporware! Lost soul aside demo footage from ChinaJoy event

24 Jun 2022
+ Nice framerate and frame-pacing
+ Main character design
+ Very impressive particle effects

= Combat moves/combat system (so far, based on footage)
= Environmental detail

- Empty environment
- Sparse number of enemies
- Not much to do in the environment itself but travel to spawn points for spread-out enemies
- Seems pretty linear (not a negative in and of itself, but need set-piece event moments, maybe some scripted moments etc. to compensate)

So far I think it looks good, based off solely this footage. Get quite a few vibes of Forspoken from what's here so far. And I mean that in a good way combat/particle effects-wise, potentially negative way regarding empty environments though.. There might seem to be a bit less of RPG elements, however.

It's one to keep an eye out for.

Reactions: Box

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
+ Nice framerate and frame-pacing
+ Main character design
+ Very impressive particle effects

= Combat moves/combat system (so far, based on footage)
= Environmental detail

- Empty environment
- Sparse number of enemies
- Not much to do in the environment itself but travel to spawn points for spread-out enemies
- Seems pretty linear (not a negative in and of itself, but need set-piece event moments, maybe some scripted moments etc. to compensate)

So far I think it looks good, based off solely this footage. Get quite a few vibes of Forspoken from what's here so far. And I mean that in a good way combat/particle effects-wise, potentially negative way regarding empty environments though.. There might seem to be a bit less of RPG elements, however.

It's one to keep an eye out for.

Agreed. If they can fix some of your negative points, this could be a banger.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
10min of one dude fighting in an arena after all this time? That is the definition of vaporware.

I'll believe this game has any value once it releases and starts to be recommended by people that played. I see no reason to believe these unknown devs making their first game will produce anything of quality.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
10minof one dude fighting in an arena after all this time? That is the definition of vaporware.

I'll believe this game has any value one it releases and starts to be recommended by people that played. I see no reason to believe these unknown devs making their first game will produce anything of quality.
Everyone starts sonewhere this stuff already holds my interest more than a lot of big games.

catchew

8 Jun 2023
damn he really stepped up the environment design from initial showcases. looks amazing. really do hope it makes it out.