I've Given Up On PS2 Games coming to PS Plus Premium

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ps Plus Premium has been out for almost 2 years now, it's been 7 months Since Mystic announced that they are working on a ps2 emulator yet we still have had no announcement or communication from Sony in regards to this.

The ps2 on ps4 emulator is still broken on ps5 despite it being 4 years now, these games have not had any new patches to fix them. Okage and Ape Escape 2 are still unplayable to this day with constant graphical glitches.

It's honestly gotten to the point that I've given up on PS2 games being released on Ps Premium, Sony has been very slowly drip feeding obscure ps1 and psp games the lineup they have had for a while now has been really questionable. None of the ps1 third party games even have trophies.

I don't understand what the point of PS Premium even is? What incentive is there for people to upgrade to this tier?

Sony added:

13 PS2 games in november/december of 2015
25 PS2 games in 2016
13 PS2 games in 2017
2 PS2 games in 2018
1 PS2 game in January 2019

Last edited:

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
yeah there has been little incentive to upgrade to Premium given the slow drip feed and few games that were asked for and too many months where they simply added ps4 remasters already available or a second or 3rd version of a game /(medievil). The 2 ictuslly enjoyed having were Legend of Dragoon and Resistance Retribution but were so few and far between with getting these games few to no people would be asking for. You would be better off just buying a la carte which for games like the 2 i simply did anyway

Reactions: Box

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The premium tier is so bad. Older games that have very little actual player interest is a hard sell too. Really hope premium subs are neglible. Needs to be phased out ASAP.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
The premium tier is so bad. Older games that have very little actual player interest is a hard sell too. Really hope premium subs are neglible. Needs to be phased out ASAP.
Be better if its not phased out. At the very least there are titles that are being brought back through the program even if they are few and far between. Some games would never be brought forward in a traditional sense. Even this month like alone in dark for PS1 For example. Just sadly for the cost into it, the sub has not really produced anything

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
How can any company release updates of games from the PS1 and PS2 era, be it Sony, Nintendo or Sega?
Imagine the normies realising how good games were back then compared to the majority of broken, online-only slop that is released nowadays?

How many genres have disappeared or being ignored? There's no twisted metal, demolition derby, Fun/daft sports games, point and click and games being devoid of social issues and non-in-universe politics.

Nahh, we are never getting upgrades to old games, unless they're remakes with modern takes on characters and any naughty words censored and removed.

Thanks for reading my daily doom post, don't forget cope and seeth.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Decent amount is on the service/other tier as (PS3) HD ports (like DMC HD collection) or remakes (SoTC). You could argue that the specific platform list is slowly building but content wise they have been delivering imo.

God Eater Burst & Lost Frontier came out last month, excellent titles. People complaining but not playing them.. are PSP games but PS2 in essence and I imagine games a lot of folks might missed out on. Tales of Symphonia (remaster), Resistance Retribution, Megaman collection, Legend & Secret of Mana, SF 30th collection, Parappa the Rapper 2 came out in the past few months. Idk content wise I don't even got the time.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Sony is terrible at this stuff, I never had any hope.

Meanwhile on PC... 🏴‍☠️
I would like to have Def Jam: Fight for NY, in the form of a patched port (which could have an emulator inside, but it doesn't matter), for PS5, but unfortunately this will probably not happen.

The problem there is the presence of a large number of licensed music and character designs, such as Snoop Dogg and XZibit.

I tried to play it on SteamDeck, but I can't set up the emulator, there is some input delay, maybe you should try to look for other disk images and experiment with the settings.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand what the point of PS Premium even is? What incentive is there for people to upgrade to this tier?
It's a more expensive tier that add on top of the Extra tier content several other things including hundreds of games more:
  • PS cloud gaming client for PS4+PS5+PC (+ apparently somewhere soon mobile+PS Portal+smart tvs)
  • Classic titles from PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita and more via:
    • Arcade, pre-PS1 consoles, PS1, PS2, PSP games emulated on PS4/PS5, sometimes bundled in collections
    • The PS4 version of crossgen games of PS3/PSP/Vita titles back then also released on PS4
    • Native PS3 games via cloud gaming
    • PS4/PS5 remasters or remakes of arcade, pre-PS1 consoles, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Vita titles
  • Full game trials
  • >100 Sony Pictures Core movies including Crunchyroll stuff
PS Classic emulated titles, and particularly PS2 ones, are a small part of the PS Plus Premium offerings.

it's been 7 months Since Mystic announced that they are working on a ps2 emulator
Sony didn't say they were working on a PS2 emulator. They said instead to be hiring people to work on their emulators team without specifying the platform to be emulated. Meaning, pretty likely to improve current emulators with new updates or maybe to release new emulators who knows if in PS5, PS6, PC or mobile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
God Eater Burst & Lost Frontier came out last month, excellent titles. People complaining but not playing them.. are PSP games but PS2 in essence and I imagine games a lot of folks might missed out on. Tales of Symphonia (remaster), Resistance Retribution, Megaman collection, Legend & Secret of Mana, SF 30th collection, Parappa the Rapper 2 came out in the past few months. Idk content wise I don't even got the time.

Lost frontier is one of the worst games ever made, I'm not even exaggerating. They could have at least ported good Psp games Like Daxter,Jeanne d'Arc, Wipeout Pure,GOW Chains of Olympis,Dissidia 012 and Monster Hunter Freedom unite etc.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
  • PS cloud gaming client for PS4+PS5+PC (+ apparently somewhere soon mobile+PS Portal+smart tvs)
  • Classic titles from PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita and more via:
    • Arcade, pre-PS1 consoles, PS1, PS2, PSP games emulated on PS4/PS5, sometimes bundled in collections
    • The PS4 version of crossgen games of PS3/PSP/Vita titles back then also released on PS4
    • Native PS3 games via cloud gaming

Cloud gaming and Ps3 Cloud streaning are not even available in Australia and many other countries. You are listing things many people dont even have access to.

Sony uses Azure servers from Microsoft, we have Xcloud in Australia yet we don't have Cloud streaming for PS Plus.

What's Sony's excuse?

Last edited:

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Cloud gaming and Ps3 Cloud streaning are not even available in Australia and many other countries. You are listing things many people dont even have access to.

Sony uses Azure servers from Microsoft, we have Xcloud in Australia yet we don't have Clpud streaming for PS Plus.

What's Sony's excuse?
Streaming PS3 games is only available in countries that had PS Now, but it's a really stupid decision by Sony that it didn't allow other countries that didn't have PS Now to have the ability to stream PS3 games