I've officially been assimilated into the PlayStation Borg Collective

OP
OP
Dr. E99

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Which game(s) or other reasons made you make the jump? Knack or Knack 2 maybe?

Just off the top of my head:

1) PlayStation is the clear and dominate market leader. They are stable. I like stability. I don't need to question their business strategy. I know that if I invest in their products, they are going to be there long-term. Same reason I choose iPhone over Android, for example.

2) I did not want to invest in another PC. I've been a PC gamer for decades. I'm just kind of done with those days. I spend all day at work in front of a computer...the last thing I want to do is come home and sit in front of another one. I just want to turn on a console and play.

3) I like physical media, and PlayStation allows me to own and use physical media

4) Their games are the best in the business. I played TLOU 2 on PS4 and despite all the hate it got, I still consider it to be probably *the best* narrative game I've ever played

(I also played Knack and, despite all the crap it takes, I thought it was legit fun!)

There are probably other reasons, but these are the top reasons.

Reactions: YeezyDude

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
1) PlayStation is the clear and dominate market leader. They are stable. I like stability. I don't need to question their business strategy. I know that if I invest in their products, they are going to be there long-term. Same reason I choose iPhone over Android, for example.
Good one. Yes, specially now with backwards compability in PS4, PS5 and super likely PS6, PS7 etc I think it's a good long term plan investment. I even have in PS5 digital PS1 or PSP games I bought back in the PSP or PS3 days.

2) I did not want to invest in another PC. I've been a PC gamer for decades. I'm just kind of done with those days. I spend all day at work in front of a computer...the last thing I want to do is come home and sit in front of another one. I just want to turn on a console and play.
I also spend most of the time in the computer, but prefer to play in the living room with a console. Doing so I also spend less in hardware: I get the console at launch for a decent price and lasts for like 7-8+ years, plus I dont' have to worry about drivers, if the game runs well enough there, if I have to free space etc.

Doesn't matter if the PC I use mostly for work now is a relatively laptop (GTX 1070), where I ocassionally play some games.

3) I like physical media, and PlayStation allows me to own and use physical media
Not sure if will apply for PS6 (I think minimum they'll have the optional disc reader for BC), but in PS5 at least for PS4 and PS5 games yeah. Physical games look good in the room, and if needed somewhere in the future you can sell some of them.

4) Their games are the best in the business. I played TLOU 2 on PS4 and despite all the hate it got, I still consider it to be probably *the best* narrative game I've ever played

(I also played Knack and, despite all the crap it takes, I thought it was legit fun!)
Yes, it's rare the year where they don't deliver multiple exclusives that are GOTY candidates, and frequently even a GOTY winner. An example is TLOU2, that despite the wokism issues is a masterpiece. I frequently joke about Knack, but I think it's a fun game, good for kids.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
ryan reynolds hd GIF
Because pc is a waste of time

• Surprised
Reactions: KvallyX

akira__

29 Sep 2024
Before you join there are few rules.

rule 1 of being sony pony is being intense critical of them. And no stanning.
Because you want the best

Before you hang a picture of Jim Ryan or Hermen Hulst on your wall. Remember no stanning.

There is also thread stickied sony is doomed, be sure to participate as any sony pony would.

Last edited:

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Bought a PS5. It's great. I won't be building another PC.

AMA.
Good to hear that you're having a good time which is what really matters... I hope there's a lot of games that you'll be getting for it as there's some bangers on it despite what some people do say or think! (y)

Reactions: KvallyX

MrAss

24 May 2024
Before you join there are few rules.

rule 1 of being sony pony is being intense critical of them. And no stanning.
Because you want the best

Before you hang a picture of Jim Ryan or Hermen Hulst on your wall. Remember no stanning.

There is also thread stickied sony is doomed, be sure to participate as any sony pony would.
Rule 1 Only Sony ponies can criticize the shit out of Sony

Rule 2 Green rats should not be allowed to do the same.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
That is why I might be going to PC and eliminating PS and Xbox for the next gen.
Are you split between the three currently, or would this be a move away from PS and Xbox to PC gaming (as a new experience?)

If you're considering this decision, what's going to be the deciding factor for you? Price point of the next graphics card, portfolio of next gen console exclusives, etc?

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
You won't be fully assimilated until you prove that you already pre-ordered the PS5 Pro and then make around 5 posts about why the PS5 Pro's price is actually a good thing for everyone, especially the higher price outside the USA.

Note: you don't really need to make sense or state facts. You can just take stuff out of your ass like "distribution is more expensive in Europe" or "localization costs a bajillion dollars".

Good luck out there, OP!

Don't forget the 30th anniversary Dual Sense pre order.

• thisistheway
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
PS fans started doing this because PC fans and xbots started the whole, buy a PC instead along with a million youtube hacks

The ones who are saying this are Xbox refugees who want PS to fail like Xbox. I doubt actual PC players care about any of this. They're too busy playing CS2 and Banana on their 4080/4090's

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke