Japan Hardware and Software Sales ( June 5 - June 11 )

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Diablo IV for Xbox in Japan is sold only via bundle :p
And there is no physical Diablo IV Xbox being sold outside the bundle.

BTW that was the cumulative of all pre-orders since Diable IV Series X bundle was announced.

Ah, thanks Ethomaz. That makes a lot more sense. I didn't expect a spontaneous burst of sales....so it's good to know it is easily explained.

Reactions: Dabaus

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
So, in other words, we may see a week of negative Xbox Series X sales in Japan when the people who bought the D IV bundle sell the systems back to the stores.

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz
D

Deleted member 223

Good games sell consoles? Impossible says Philly boy... (while dishing $70B on ABK... yeah right).

Even if the whole thing is a bit crazy.... goes to show what a good hyped title does for hardware, even Xbox, on a dead market for them. Consistency is obviously key and the most important metric of all. One offs are and will continue to be, farts in the wind for that brand.

Returns without the online code/game? Possible... how gullible does the store where the sale occurred have to be tho?

Last edited by a moderator:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Good games sell consoles? Impossible says Philly boy... (while dishing $70B on ABK... yeah right).

Even if the whole thing is a bit crazy.... goes to show what a good hyped title does for hardware, even Xbox, on a dead market for them. Consistency is obviously key and the most important metric of all. One offs are and will continue to be, farts in the wind for that brand.

Returns without the online code/game? Possible... how gullible does the store where the sale occurred have to be tho?
Not returns, sell-backs.

In Japan, electronics stores will buy systems and games back from customers without a requirement that it be a trade-in.

Gamers use it as a way to get a system they don’t want to own permanently to play an exclusive, which is why some weeks in the last generation saw a negative number of XBox One systems sold in Japan.

You wouldn’t need the code to sell back a bundled system, it would just get you the unbundled sell-back price from the shop.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Not returns, sell-backs.

In Japan, electronics stores will buy systems and games back from customers without a requirement that it be a trade-in.

Gamers use it as a way to get a system they don’t want to own permanently to play an exclusive, which is why some weeks in the last generation saw a negative number of XBox One systems sold in Japan.

You wouldn’t need the code to sell back a bundled system, it would just get you the unbundled sell-back price from the shop.
Damn, Japan really is living in the future huh

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Switch lapping the field. Still Zelda I guess but its weird that PS isn't seeing an uptick before FF launches.