Japan Studio's ambitious new AAA IP set in space to be unveiled at PS5's event (The best pasta of all time)

OP
OP
avenovah

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Are these your words are an article? The wording reads like past tense.

I don’t see anything confirmed about Japan Studios game.
Before the launch of the PS5.

How much hope there was that this generation would see a new era for Japan Studio lol

Reactions: On Demand

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I believe the mistake was to push Japan Studios into making games with AAA scope. They should have been kept working on smaller games, the $40 ones that take 10-15 hours to play through. Clearly Jim Ryan wanted to become the Apple of gaming and hence every product had to be "luxury" or "high end" so they could justify charging top dollar, but I believe that's a mistake. The current motto of Playstation is to make you "feel" but "feels" don't just come from production value, although it certainly aids in immersiveness. I felt more playing Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, which is a remaster of a pixelated Nintendo DS game, than I did several AAA games this year. That didn't have any fancy haptics, the graphics were from 3 gens ago, soundtrack wasn't a full orchestra with Hans Zimmer or Jeremy Soule.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Before the launch of the PS5.

How much hope there was that this generation would see a new era for Japan Studio lol

Well I guess Jim Ryan and Hurmen Hulst cancelled all games that were in development.

🫤

• sad
Reactions: Diah