Jeff Grubb: A State of Play Event is scheduled for May

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to Jeff Grubb, there's a State of Play scheduled for May.

The release date for Silent Hill 2 Remake will be revealed there:

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Makes sense. That's the beginning of not-E3 season. HOPEFULLY this is where we'll learn what the main teams in Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and others are up to. Maybe even that secondary team in Sony Santa Monica who's working on that space game.

Reactions: Umar

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Can we get finally see what their main studios have been working for the past 3-4 years now? Or is this going to be repeat of the shitshow that was the showcase from May last year?

Reactions: kuzon

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm ready to pee from yours 😂
Cringe Wince GIF

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
No surprise here as I was always thinking that Sony would have a State of Play in May/June and their big PlayStation Showcase in September. Since I don't see Sony having a State of Play in May and a Showcase in June, looks like what I have been expecting for almost a year will be happening.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Concord gameplay reveal is finally upon us. Hopefully GoT 2 announcement and something from Asobi

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
No surprise here as I was always thinking that Sony would have a State of Play in May/June and their big PlayStation Showcase in September. Since I don't see Sony having a State of Play in May and a Showcase in June, looks like what I have been expecting for almost a year will be happening.
Jeff does clarify that he isn't entirely sure if it is an SoP or a Showcase. All he knows is it's a "PlayStation "something" in May. It could be showcase - that was the case last year around the same time.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Jeff does clarify that he isn't entirely sure if it is an SoP or a Showcase. All he knows is it's a "PlayStation "something" in May. It could be showcase - that was the case last year around the same time.

I'm going with State of Play as I believe that they'll want to showcase the PS5 Pro in the Fall with new game reveals and I don't see Sony doing this until then because they won't want to decrease sales for the current model. We'll see though. If it's a "small" show, then it better be a State of Play because if not, I can see people not being happy like last year.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I'm going with State of Play as I believe that they'll want to showcase the PS5 Pro in the Fall with new game reveals and I don't see Sony doing this until then because they won't want to decrease sales for the current model. We'll see though. If it's a "small" show, then it better be a State of Play because if not, I can see people not being happy like last year.
They'll be decreasing sales regardless of when it gets revealed.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Release day for Bloober's Silent Hill, wow, how exciting. :sleep:

Let's hope Jim Ryan was the reason why all Sony events sucked lately.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If it's an indie showcase im selling my ps5, Playstation Studios have been M.I.A for 5+ years now it's beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Nhomnhom