[Jeff Grubb] Dead Space 2 Remake cancelled due to low sales of first game

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Weird this is really unfortunate if it's true Dead Space 2 was the best one of the series. Not sure if Iron man would even be a good fit for EA to develop.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well… Bioware built Anthem in frostbite so they got a great foundation to make an Iron Man game and rip its gameplay from something already existing. I would rather Anthem get a sequel than Iron Man and Disney but the movement and combat was kinda awesome… although you couldn’t really fly indefinitely.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Well… Bioware built Anthem in frostbite so they got a great foundation to make an Iron Man game and rip its gameplay from something already existing. I would rather Anthem get a sequel than Iron Man and Disney but the movement and combat was kinda awesome… although you couldn’t really fly indefinitely.
I never really got into Anthem I wanted to but then I found out you had to always have online connection in order to play it so that was an immediate no from me.

Reactions: toadsage44

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, I think we all inferred that Dead Space was once again dead when Motive said they were working on 2 games and those were Iron Man and Battlefield.

The Survival horror genre remains pretty barren save Resident Evil and a few indies.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah of course. You could see how fast it was on gamepass.
Again and again - you can see people loving single player but not supporting it
edit:... iron man... fucking marvel

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Luckily I only need dead space 1 remake cos thats the only dead space game i havent played

Last edited:

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
People always beg for older IPs to come back, but no one buys them when they do.

I bought DS Remake day one, and It's such a shame, that we might never see DS2R happen.

Reactions: Box

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
To be honest the only one that needed a remake would've been 3 that was a hot pile of doo doo. The first was a classic and the 2nd improved on it.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I bought it at full price, so it sucks that I don’t get to play the DS2 remake.