Jeff Grubb — 'Nintendo Direct is almost certainly happening again in February | State of Play is coming, I'd expect it in the next few weeks'

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

This [Developer_Direct] is the first one of these events we're getting from these companies in 2024. It is the one I heard that was coming up the fastest but you can always count on a Nintendo Direct in February. It is almost certainly going to happen in February, again. That leaves the question about a State of Play. There is a State of Play coming. There's a State of Play coming. When exactly? Not sure, but I'd expect it in the text few weeks. State of Plays are always weird man. You always get the sense that these are just contractual obligations. They (Playstation) just told a company that they'd give them free marketing so they fill a need and have to do it. So, they could be disappointing.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They (Playstation) just told a company that they'd give them free marketing so they fill a need and have to do it. So, they could be disappointing.
Nintendo has some weird/annoying strings attached to showcasing 3rd party games in directs too, to be fair. Anyways, if the Direct is a 3rd party/Nindie showing then its gonna suck, we've literally never got a good one.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I dont disagree that some stat of plays can be disappointing but the blatant bias of these "journalists" is front and center. Sony is wrong for everything they do while microsoft is the poor, plucky underdog who can do no wrong.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I dont disagree that some stat of plays can be disappointing but the blatant bias of these "journalists" is front and center. Sony is wrong for everything they do while microsoft is the poor, plucky underdog who can do no wrong.
This will probably be Helldivers, Stellar Blade centric.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'd love to see a Nintendo Indirect, where they obliquely hint at what is coming rather than explicitly announce things.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Imagine Hifi Rush getting announce at the state of play. Laaawd, rubbing salt on the wound.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I could see an early year State of Play being mostly 3rd party stuff. Hopefully it at least has footage of the major third- and second-party exclusives they have coming this year like Rise of the Ronin, Silent Hill and Stellar Blade. A summer stream needs to have a significant first-party presence though.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I could see an early year State of Play being mostly 3rd party stuff. Hopefully it at least has footage of the major third- and second-party exclusives they have coming this year like Rise of the Ronin, Silent Hill and Stellar Blade. A summer stream needs to have a significant first-party presence though.
The State of Play will feature Phil Spencer joining Jim Ryan’s “Kiss My Ass Club”.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Hey I could be an insider too

Nintendo Direct, SOP happens in about 1 year, mark my word.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Jeff grubb is usually right, he knew about the SoP and Showcase dates last year.

But this is an easy guess either way, Sony and Nintendo always do directs/SOP around this time

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think the next Nintendo show is the Switch 2 reveal.
I wonder what it will do to PS5 sales?