Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month. |UP| billbil-kun also alludes to it being this month.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony traditionally always had their big summer/E3 conference/showcase in late May or early June with some rare exception when they were in a transitional period. And well, the last State of Play was made a while ago.

So yes, make sure Sony will make a big State of Play / Showcase / conference late May or early June.

And as did in recent years, very likely they'll show games to be released maximum in a year and a half or two, focusing on games to be released in the next months (the rest of 2024 or early 2025). A mixture of 1st party, 2nd party and big and small 3rd party games.

In case of 1st party, pretty likely:
  • Destiny 2 The Final Shape launch trailer (even if released before the event)
  • Helldivers 2 Illuminate enemy faction reveal trailer
  • Concord gameplay reveal + release date
  • Until Dawn remake gameplay reveal + release date
  • Convallaria new trailer + release date
  • Lost Soul Aside new trailer + release date
And maybe:
  • Maybe Marathon gameplay reveal + release window date
  • Maybe Death Stranding 2 gameplay reveal + release window date
  • Maybe Fairgame$ gameplay reveal + release window date
  • Maybe Horizon Online announcement trailer
  • Maybe Venom announcement trailer
  • Maybe Team Asobi's next game announcement trailer
  • Maybe Cory's new IP announcement trailer
Maybe also:
  • First public appearance of the next SIE CEO (the one after a short Totoki interim period)
  • PS5 Pro announcement (if released in September. In case of releasing in November it would be annonced in September)
  • Debut trailer of Ghost of Tsushima, Gravity Rush or Metal Gear Solid adaptations
  • Announcement of a PC PSN store
  • Announcement of PS cloud gaming coming to mobile and PS Portal

Last edited:

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Travis

Reactions: xollowsob

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Looking forward for the event,whether they announce PC games or not (hope they do, who am I kidding) but still.I even watch the Nintendo directs even if I am not much of a fan .It's always a great time of the year for gamers.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: VillaiN and Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Looking forward for the event,whether they announce PC games or not. I even watch the Nintendo directs even if I am not much of a fan
It's always a great time of the year for gamers.
Indeed. That's the takeaway here.

Me and my friends watch those events together always, 4-5 people, etc., and it's fun to either be hyped together or complain together about whatever is being shown. :LOL:

Ico

8 May 2024
I always take his leaks with a grain of salt, he already "leaked" the port of zelda twilight princess and wind waker to the switch waaaay too many times and had to apologize bc it never happens, but hey, its easier to predict events since they usually happen around the same time every year

btw i'm really looking forward for the next showcase, wanna see what team asobi and bluepoint are cooking! the bigger studios too, even tho we know we arent getting heavy hitters this year, at least some announcements would be super nice

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
btw i'm really looking forward for the next showcase, wanna see what team asobi and bluepoint are cooking! the bigger studios too, even tho we know we arent getting heavy hitters this year, at least some announcements would be super nice
Some members will be furious reading this but personally, I'm looking forward to this showcase to see what PC ports we are getting. 😈

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
TINHAT me all you want - But I think we will get some major news this time around. Why? I believe that PS has been holding back on annnouncing potential launch windows going at least a year back due to not knowing when GTA VI would launch. They likely have a very good idea now, and can safely launch some surprises between Q4 2024 and Q3 2025 that had been mostly coooked but they were waiting to not have the launches decimated. Also, with the pending PS5 Pro official unveiling, wouldn’t it be better to be able to have a GTA VI bundle AND a new 1st party title to showcase? Bend? Suckerpunch anywone?

Reactions: xollowsob

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Oh yeah animal Well is launching on PS+. I'm excited for that.

Also Watch Dogs and New Alies will be added to PS+ 👍

I think it's going to happen after the Financial call.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Repeating what I said before: the leaks are out there, so beautiful careful.
Can you point me in the direction of the leaks? It saves me three months of blue balls just to be let down.

Super credible "leaks": Mario Odyssey 2, Half Life 3 and the next Halo will be PS5 exclusive. Bloodborne 2, GoT2, Bluepoint's next game (whish doesn't exist, they are working as a support game), Cory's new IP, Uncharted 5, Gravity Rush 3 and Knack 3 to be shadow dropped after the conference.

• haha
Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If it's next week like Grubb thinks, it'll have to be announced this week. The last showcase was announced a whole week ahead of time.
I remember one being announced like three days before. I bet we'll hear something Sunday/Mon for a Thursday show.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
We have been hearing that for ages. This time they have to go all out now. No more excuses about the abk acquistion still going on or waiting for spiderman 2 release. We are 4 years into this gen and some studios havent released anything this gen, some havent released anything since 2020-2021. They have had enough time to cook and have something ready to announce and show off (Not Cgi). If they fail with this one, then its fair to say at this point that first party is in shambles

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Ico
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Playstation is at its own pace. Hope we get some Wolverine info though.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No expectations, the last two Sony Showcases were lame af.

The last good showcase was in 2021.

Im expecting a minimum of 4 major announcements from their studios that hopefully are not remakes and pc ports.

We can all agree that we have waited long enough, it's time for Sony Studios to actually do something for once.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings