Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month. |UP| billbil-kun also alludes to it being this month.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The last good showcase was in 2021.

Im expecting a minimum of 4 major announcements from their studios that hopefully are not remakes and pc ports.

We can all agree that we have waited long enough, it's time for Sony Studios to actually do something for once.
Damn I remember the Final Fantasy one was good with tht second part dedicated to Rebirth.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's not the showcase. It's the Sony business slides at the end of the month (it's true that it was at the same time as the showcase but it's not the same)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It might get Indie GOTY. It's getting crazy reviews.

Sure... can't wait to play this: 😫

-1x-1.jpg

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
billbil-kun is a very reliable leaker that has a 100% track record for leaking the PS Plus games each month, unlike Grubb he doesn't lie and make uo rumours.

A user asked billbil-kun if another Playstation Showcase will be announced tomorrow and he basically confirmed it here and in May 24 just like last year.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I have no doubts, I just hope it is a show that excites the core audience.

Most of their studios have been silent since 2019, they have had more than enough time to cook so they better show something worthwhile.

I don't expect Naughty Dog to show any new game, it will probably just be an uncharted remake and a TLOU 2 pc port (i will be advocating for them to shut down and Neil Druckmann fired and sent to prison).

Reactions: Luffy123

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I have no doubts, I just hope it is a show that excites the core audience.
The highlights will be what’s coming in 2025 outside of Concorde this year. Sony says it has big games coming in 2025-2026 and they also expect significant profit and revenue during that period so probably so heavy hitters along with DS2 and Wolverine. The last half as just gen would probably eclipse the huge blowout of games we had last gen.

Reactions: Luffy123

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
billbil-kun is a very reliable leaker that has a 100% track record for leaking the PS Plus games each month, unlike Grubb he doesn't lie and make uo rumours.

A user asked billbil-kun if another Playstation Showcase will be announced tomorrow and he basically confirmed it here and in May 24 just like last year.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The highlights will be what’s coming in 2025 outside of Concorde this year. Sony says it has big games coming in 2025-2026 and they also expect significant profit and revenue during that period so probably so heavy hitters along with DS2 and Wolverine. The last half as just gen would probably eclipse the huge blowout of games we had last gen.
I assume the highlights as always will be -with maybe 1 exception- the games to be released in the next year and a half, so 2024 and H1 2025:

Helldivers 2 something (like the reveal of the new enemy faction, the Illuminate), Destiny 2 Final Shape, Until Dawn Remake, Silent Hill 2, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Concord and maybe also Marathon or Death Stranding 2, or announcements of maybe Cory's new IPs, Venom, Team Asobi's next game or Horizon Online.

I assume Fairgame$ and Wolverine being pretty likely 2026 titles won't be there.

Most of their studios have been silent since 2019
None of their studios has been silent since 2019, most of them even released stuff since then.

Maybe we could say Bend, who released Days Gone in 2019, later post launch content and then in 2021 the PC port and announced a Days Gone movie adaptation. They said to be working on a open world new IP with elements taken from Days Gone but also including MP stuff and apparently live services content. But didn't show it.

But we know that after DG they did work some time in Uncharted and TLOU Online before staring in 2021 this new IP. AAA games now take 5-9 years to be done, so they are far from releasing the new IP, and we know Sony likes to show their games when they are close to release. So pretty likely won't show it this year other than maybe with a CG teaser.

Last edited: