icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
This Is Fine On Fire GIF by StickerGiant

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They'd be dumb to as it's still detrimental for them.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Record high is bullsht we know that’s only because they are still support last gen and counting last gen and this gen. Series consoles are tracking behind last gen by almost two million.
Do we know if they weren't counting people playing ABK games as "Xbox users" as well? I mean they did also have a fire sale on Xbox hardware, so selling a few more of those during the Christmas season isn't that big of a deal.

Either way, using these kinds of metrics is a stretch, especially without explaining actual numbers, P&L etc. It's all just constant obfuscation of reality.

Edit: Also this reference of Steam Deck goes back to the idea of the next Xbox being an "ARM hybrid" i.e. it's going to be like the Switch or Steam Deck. A portable you can dock. And stream from the cloud. They likely think they can just copy a form factor and all of the customers will come pouring in, which is is just typical ol' Microsoft. Not realizing that the reason people don't want your products is because they just aren't good compared to the competition. All speculation, but it fits their pattern and the "rumors."

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Of course they're not leaving the consoles market! They're going to sell their games on more consoles!

Reactions: Eggman

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I want to know what the response is re: Steam Deck. Are they going to support Steam/Deck/Os as they have done so far, or are they going to get hostile? Are they going to use Windows to push back against SteamOS? Are they going to do shady shit like incompatible anticheat? In many different appearances, Spencer specifically talked up the ROG Ally, even calling it his "Xbox on the Go". It seems like even though they are supporting the Deck so far, they'd rather you play Gamepass on a ROG Ally.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I want to know what the response is re: Steam Deck. Are they going to support Steam/Deck/Os as they have done so far, or are they going to get hostile? Are they going to use Windows to push back against SteamOS? Are they going to do shady shit like incompatible anticheat? In many different appearances, Spencer specifically talked up the ROG Ally, even calling it his "Xbox on the Go". It seems like even though they are supporting the Deck so far, they'd rather you play Gamepass on a ROG Ally.
Why do you think Spencer referred to the ROG specifically, and not the Steam Deck?

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I hope it is only because Gamepass is on Windows and not Deck. If they look at SteamOS as a big threat to Windows, that's a problem.
Lets see, windown live, games for windows live and now ROG...nope , they are not trying to fight steam, you crazy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Old Gamer

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Is he trying to say they are putting their games on Playstation because of Steam Deck 2?

Just sounds like he was grasping at straws because he doesnt know what to do

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
But maybe the console market is planning to quit Microsoft.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This will be used as copium by xbox shills but consider this.

This is nothing new. We knew about this already. However, don't expect a traditional console. Even Phil himself said they're "doing their own thing" in regards to hardware, in the leaked info.

That means it'll be some sort of "access point" that lets current users access their digital library/cloud. Even more recent leaks suggest that very same thing.

Xbox will not technically exit the hardware market but it will not be competing in it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think the days of them trying to get people to buy their box instead of a Playstation is over. They might do some hardware with their brand on it as an option but I doubt it will be Intended to directly compete with and outsell the next Playstation.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
MS may occupy the industry as a weird pseudo 3rd party that puts their games on other platforms but also sells an OEM based console line (kinda similar to how phones do things) with their branding for those who want it.

Dunno though, Jez has been all over the place with his takes and seems to be in the bargaining phase.