Jez Corden: "Microsoft has no plan to quit console market"

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Of course they're not leaving the console hardware anytime soon.

Does he even know how many unsold xboxes are gaining dust on the shelves and warehouses?
It's going to take them years until they get rid of all that stuff.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think from Philā€™s tweet its clear theyā€™re not leaving. Especially the ā€œwe hear youā€ part.

Heā€™s gonna use that and say we listened to fans, only some games are going Multiplatform, weā€™re not putting everything there because of the loyal Xbox fans or some shit.

Until Xbox leaves the console business, Im not buying there games. Im not supporting them so they can feed there fanbase gamepass. Fuck that.
The wars not over yet boys lol.

But man imagine if they did leave. GTA6 would take PS5 sales to another world. No PC release, no Switch release, no Xbox release

• thinking_hard
Reactions: AshHunter216

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I think from Philā€™s tweet its clear theyā€™re not leaving. Especially the ā€œwe hear youā€ part.

Heā€™s gonna use that and say we listened to fans, only some games are going Multiplatform, weā€™re not putting everything there because of the loyal Xbox fans or some shit.

Until Xbox leaves the console business, Im not buying there games. Im not supporting them so they can feed there fanbase gamepass. Fuck that.

But man imagine if they did leave. GTA6 would take PS5 sales to another world. No PC release, no Switch release, no Xbox release
I don't read it like that. I see it as reassuring people that a) they see the dialogue, and b) that they're still connected to their userbase. None of that means they won't be making massive changes. They still need fans to buy their games if they go 3rd party.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't read it like that. I see it as reassuring people that a) they see the dialogue, and b) that they're still connected to their userbase. None of that means they won't be making massive changes. They still need fans to buy their games if they go 3rd party.

Im all for them leaving the console space and going 3rd party tbh. It would be such a great thing. I just think its too good to be true atm.

We will see by the end of next week I guess.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Going multiplatform MS will sell more console games than ever. But in PlayStation, not in Xbox.

Having their games in PS the Xbox sales will decrease even more. So if this isn't the last generation of Xbox hardware (at least made by MS), then the next one will be the last one.

If the next generation of Xbox hardware ever exists, it will have the worst sales any Xbox console ever had.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
The worse issue they have is GP is value destructive and competing with releasing their releases on PS. How can you spin releasing a game for free on the same platform that dev has it full price? Unless everything is on GP, which would completely bankrupt them.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Going multiplatform MS will sell more console games than ever. But in PlayStation, not in Xbox.

Having their games in PS the Xbox sales will decrease even more. So if this isn't the last generation of Xbox hardware (at least made by MS), then the next one will be the last one.

If the next generation of Xbox hardware ever exists, it will have the worst sales any Xbox console ever had.
The next Xbox will be a Windows PC. Even if it sells bad, you'll be buying into Windows gaming which isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Nimrota

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The next Xbox will be a Windows PC. Even if it sells bad, you'll be buying into Windows gaming which isn't going anywhere.
This is what I thought, adding a "big picture" like menu optional to launch on boot. And then to license it for 3rd parties if they want to make PCs shaped as home consoles or portable consoles.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Well with them putting games on the Playstation and possibly the Switch means a way higher chance of them not leaving. A 70% profit on a higher userbased console is still a hell of alot more then a 0% on their own hardware.
The worse issue they have is GP is value destructive and competing with releasing their releases on PS. How can you spin releasing a game for free on the same platform that dev has it full price? Unless everything is on GP, which would completely bankrupt them.
This seems like another attempt at them trying to force people to their console again.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
When they say some Xbox games are going multiplatform, I doubt there is a clamoring for Redfall, Crackdown 3 or Re:Core to be multiplatform on either side.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
House Of Commons Uk GIF by GIPHY News

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
If Microsoft has no plans to quit the console hardware market it means the astroturfers aren't going anywhere sadly:(

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

"We hear you" is exactly what I would expect him to say if he was going to nuke Xbox.

If their games start releasing on PlayStation it's over.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Again, MS does't care about the hardcore fanbase. If every single one of those people from reddit, xbox forums and twitter stopped buying xbox games, they'd still be a very small part of the actual xbox user base. A company isn't basing their decisions on a tiny amount of customers.