Jimbo is hiring to improve and fix emulators in addition to develop new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PS3 streaming is useless (all games streaming is useless, unless you only watch).

Such a waste.

100%.... nobody wants streaming.

Nixxes and anyone they have on porting to PC should really be porting PSP and PS3 games to PS5 and upgrading them.

PS5 gamers would buy more and pay more for the GOW PSP games and Ascension than any PC gamer would pay for GOW 2018.

And it makes PS5 more essential.

I really dont understand the PC port logic.

Reactions: Umar

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
100%.... nobody wants streaming.

Nixxes and anyone they have on porting to PC should really be porting PSP and PS3 games to PS5 and upgrading them.

PS5 gamers would buy more and pay more for the GOW PSP games and Ascension than any PC gamer would pay for GOW 2018.

And it makes PS5 more essential.

I really dont understand the PC port logic.
What I would love more would be God of War 1 & 2 full "next gen" remakes, without any tampering done to the more "adult" content.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What I would love more would be God of War 1 & 2 full "next gen" remakes, without any tampering done to the more "adult" content.

Absolutely..... imagine that scale and epicness with all the graphical power to do it justice....

I mean, it is kinda silly that they are porting games for 800K sales on PC, when they could port those 2 and sell them for 70 bucks each easily and sell millions upon millions...

Especially as GOW 2018 hit nearly 20 million!

People are curious about the story before now.

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Streaming isn’t great.

Had my first experience with God of War Ascension and Puppeteer.

Both games were running at sub 30fps and the sound quality was poor.

Literally felt like I was watching a Youtube video than playing a game.

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Streaming isn’t great.

Had my first experience with God of War Ascension and Puppeteer.

Both games were running at sub 30fps and the sound quality was poor.

Literally felt like I was watching a Youtube video than playing a game.

Yeah and never will be good enough...people always remember their worst moment with something like that, not the times it worked cause that is what we are used to...perfect play without interruption... you'll never get that with streaming.

It also requires everything to be compressed,, meaning it will always be shit quality compared to the local version.

Also during covid, they had to reduce internet bandwidth for people due to too much traffic... imagine with gaming? It would collapse the system.

The whole idea is a joke. A corporate wetdream to take all ownership away from people and lock it behind a subscription forever.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I mean, it is kinda silly that they are porting games for 800K sales on PC, when they could port those 2 and sell them for 70 bucks each easily and sell millions upon millions...
The 800K sales were for barely the first couple of months of full priced port of a 4 year old game. GoW 2018 will sell way more in PC over time, specially after discounts and price cuts.

God yes. Bring PS2 games to today's standards.
Do you mean via enhaced emulation or via remakes? I think that over time they'll keep improving their PS2 emulator and adding more games. But other than Gow of War or maybe ICO I don't see them remaking many PS2 stuff.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I highly doubt they consider to emulate PS3 on PS4 or PS5. According to an Insomniac + ICE Team engine programmer of PS3 games and one of the main devs of the best PS3 emulator for PC it isn't possible in PS4 or PS5 unless they add additional PS3 hardware (in a console revision, wihch would be too expensive or a hardware add-on).

I'd highly question this. While I don't think the PS4 has the raw power to run an emulator, both it and the PS5 are essentially computers, so they should be able to run an emulator.

The PS3 emulators for PC are not the best, but they don't have access to all the lower level API stuff the console does, nor can deeply integrate into a system.

Nevertheless, I don't see the need for a PS3 emulator in the first place, you can get one dirt cheap if you really want to play the OG games. Sure, it would be great to be able to run them from the SSD and have super fast load times, but the past is in the past.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd highly question this. While I don't think the PS4 has the raw power to run an emulator, both it and the PS5 are essentially computers, so they should be able to run an emulator.

The PS3 emulators for PC are not the best, but they don't have access to all the lower level API stuff the console does, nor can deeply integrate into a system.

Nevertheless, I don't see the need for a PS3 emulator in the first place, you can get one dirt cheap if you really want to play the OG games. Sure, it would be great to be able to run them from the SSD and have super fast load times, but the past is in the past.
It has nothing to do with APIs or being a computer. There are multiple physical/technical limits and features of the PS3 that PS5 can't achieve because PS3 outperforms it, so can't emulate them, at least at full speed (at least for games that use the SPUs).

Here the RPCS3 team and the Insomniac/ICE Team PS3 engine programmer explain it:

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Controls I don't find a problem with, personally. LATENCY with K2's Controls, however...

Yep it needs some work

Also for controls, I want L2/R2 shooting mechanics lol. Would work with the Dual Sense’s trigger too

Status
Not open for further replies.