Jimbo is hiring to improve and fix emulators in addition to develop new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"Our Software Development Engineer position works on the Tools and Technology team at PlayStation Studios to support the newly relaunched "Classics" for PS4 and PS5. Classic games run via emulation of legacy PlayStation platforms. As a Classics engineer, you would work closely with a group of other engineers, producers, and QA teams to fix bugs, add new features, and develop new emulators."

Must haves:

• Expert knowledge of C/C++ (10+ yrs as a guideline)
  • Experience developing cross-platform software for Games Consoles and Desktop PCs
  • Preference for carving out automated solutions that scale to thousands of similar products
  • Excellent online communication skills - expert at Slack, remote presentation, constructive code reviews
  • Experience being your own self-service IT
Nice to have:

• Git source control and the Pull Requests / Code Review workflow
  • Hands on experience with AA or AAA game development for PlayStation Consoles
  • Bash scripting experience
  • Lua/C++ interoperability experience
  • MIPS RISC Assembly experience

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Must haves:

• Experience developing cross-platform software for Games Consoles and Desktop PCs
  • Preference for carving out automated solutions that scale to thousands of similar products
  • Excellent online communication skills - expert at Slack, remote presentation, constructive code reviews
Nice to have:

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
200.gif

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Must haves:

Nice to have:

Dammit I failed in just one must have item :(

Reactions: Faithless83
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If you really was considering to apply, do it. These lists quite often are more like a wishlist than a real list of things they demand. Quite often in many game companies they don't find anyone who checks all the stuff so they hire the one they see as the best/closest fit to what they were looking for.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

As someone that has hired people - If you want, apply. More often than not they include a bunch of stuff to cull people from applying, which doesn't mean you can't get called up, interview, and get a spot.

Give it a try.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If you really was considering to apply, do it. These lists quite often are more like a wishlist than a real list of things they demand. Quite often in many game companies they don't find anyone who checks all the stuff so they hire the one they see as the best/closest fit to what they were looking for.
I applied but have not hope at all :D

To people interested it is remote (you can work from home) but says US so I don't know if they accept outsiders.
The 10 years of experience is a bit hard to match specially with game development for me... if it was just software I have near 20 years already.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

To people interested it is remote (you can work from home) but says US so I don't know if they accept outsiders.
The 10 years of experience is a bit hard to match specially with game development for me... if it was just software I have near 20 years already.
You Got This Do It GIF by iQiyi

• brain
Reactions: AniWeeb
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Good luck!
I fail in just 2 categories:
Must haves and nice to have...Other than that I'm perfect for the job.
Apply anyways and good luck!

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Cut out the middle man, hire the guys who's achieved loads already independantly, without the needed PS3 dev code bible at their disposal.

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
They have a goldmine of old titles there, we'll see selected PS3 games emulated locally (on PS5) for sure.
Nostalgia is in an all time high for this stuff.
Just add a fast forward mode on the emulators while you're at it.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe there’s a ps3 emulation plan? It’d be awesome.
They have a goldmine of old titles there, we'll see selected PS3 games emulated locally (on PS5) for sure.
I highly doubt they consider to emulate PS3 on PS4 or PS5. According to an Insomniac + ICE Team engine programmer of PS3 games and one of the main devs of the best PS3 emulator for PC it isn't possible in PS4 or PS5 unless they add additional PS3 hardware (in a console revision, wihch would be too expensive or a hardware add-on).

I assume that when they said new emulators they meant Vita emulator or different and improved PS1, PS2, PSP emulators for PS4 and PS5 or maybe even PC and mobile.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS3 streaming is useless (all games streaming is useless, unless you only watch).

Such a waste.

Yep.
I used it for Sly Cooper and finished it, was fine.

But when I went to play KillZone 2, MGS 2( PS3 collection of a PS2 game ), Uncharted 1, and MGS4 it was pretty poop at times. Really not ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.