[Jordan Middler] “Fable still being listed as a 2025 game is capital A ambitious from what I’ve heard”

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I gotta be honest, I really did not think this game was making it next year. They still have yet to show unedited gameplay longer than a few seconds at a time. This feels like when they were teasing Hellblade for years with short snippets.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I gotta be honest, I really did not think this game was making it next year. They still have yet to show unedited gameplay longer than a few seconds at a time. This feels like when they were teasing Hellblade for years with short snippets.

I really wouldn't surprised if it was pushed to 2026.

Playground had to build a completely new team and I'm fairly sure that the Forzatech engine had to be worked on to make development of a RPG possible. Fable as a franchise has its own identity seperate from pretty much all other RPGs, it might be difficult to find a sweet spot and recreate this tone in current year. What does a 2025(?) Fable feel like? Probably a lot of ideas were thrown out until a cohesive vision was probably ironed out.

I admit though, I am curious about how it'll all shake up. I had fun with Fable 1 and 2, but that was ages ago.

Jordan Middler? Yeah...

Yeah, per Jason, the game never even made it to actual production.

I played so much Twisted Metal 2 as a kid, this still hurts.

Although I can definitely understand how it would be difficult to conceive a car combat pitch and have it accepted in the current landscape, especially as a game with some budget behind it.
The genre has mostly dead and running on fumes.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I expect Avowed to be better. I’m still not really liking the direction of fable at all

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Smirk Smile GIF by Xbox