Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Consumer spending:

FXtX8QqUEAEMVCm

June 2022 US NPD THREAD - June 2022 consumer spending across video game hardware, content and accessories fell 11% when compared to a year ago, to $4.3 billion. Growth in subscription spending could not offset declines in other areas of spending.--Mat Pscatella

June 2022 Consumer Spending Overall in US:

FXtX_JEUUAcywn4

First half spending totaled $26.3 billion, a 10% shortfall when compared to the same period in 2021. Subscription content is the only major spending category that exhibited spending growth.-- Mat Piscatella

• US NPD HW - Video game hardware dollar sales fell by 8% when compared to a year ago, to $371 million. First half new console hardware spending fell 9%, to $2.1 billion.
https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella
  • US NPD HW - PlayStation 5 generated the highest dollar sales amongst video game hardware platforms in both June and the first half of calendar 2022, while Switch led both time periods in unit sales.
  • US NPD HW - June PlayStation 5 dollar sales experienced double-digit percentage growth when compared to a year ago.

• US NPD PREMIUM GAMES - Elden Ring repeated as the best-selling game of the month, and it remains the best-selling game of 2022 YTD. Elden Ring has placed first in dollar sales in four of its first five months in market.
  • US NPD PREMIUM GAMES - Elden Ring ranks among the top 10 best-selling premium games in the U.S. market all-time (dollar sales).
  • US NPD PREMIUM GAMES - Final Fantasy VII: Remake was the 9th best-selling game of June 2022 after placing 159th in May. Promotional events aligned with the Final Fantasy VII 25th anniversary spurred the gains. Final Fantasy VII: Remake last appeared among the top 20 in May 2020.
https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella
  • US NPD PREMIUM GAMES - Release of the Sunbreak expansion helped Monster Hunter Rise place back into the top 20. The title finished at #13

Top Video Games For June 2022

FXtYocjUsAUWISD

FXtYrhCUcAIq_yT

FXtYvHTVUAEmE9h

June 2022 Top Selling Video Games By Platform:

Nintendo

FXtYxuQUEAANbTj

Playstation
FXtY0yrVQAAW8Tq

Xbox
FXtY303UIAAvKj6

FX7u4bcaQAA6u7n

Other Sales Metrics:

• US NPD ACCESSORIES - June 2022 spending on video game accessories fell 15% when compared to a year ago, to $176 million. First half video game accessory spending declined 14% versus a year ago, to $1.1 billion.

• US NPD ACCESSORIES - The PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller Midnight Black was June's best-selling accessory. The Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller led all accessories in first half dollar sales.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Any unit sales rankings for the consoles? It says PS5 had the highest dollar amount, and Switch had the highest unit sales, but it doesnt say who was 2 and 3 in unit sales. Xbox or PS could still easily be number 2 in unit sales. Maybe I missed it.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Any unit sales rankings for the consoles? It says PS5 had the highest dollar amount, and Switch had the highest unit sales, but it doesnt say who was 2 and 3 in unit sales. Xbox or PS could still easily be number 2 in unit sales. Maybe I missed it.
Xbox is number 2 at games and hardware.

:poop:

OP
OP
Papacheeks

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

If someone has the info handy I'll add it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Weird that Horizon went from #17 in May on PSN downloads to #13 in June but it's not reflected on NPD?

I think the bundles are hurting the chart placement (but still good for Horizon sales obviously)

• brain
Reactions: Three

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Elden Ring in the top 10 of all time.

Wild.

Edit - Ok well still clearly a shit ton.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think what you're gonna see over the next 9 months is PS5 really hit it's stride with production and shipments.

PS5 is number 2 for units in June but number 1 for revenue

I think you'll see it trade with Nintendo and increase the gap against XS by a few million by FYE March.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This just in-

TMNT - Shredders Revenge in the top 10 all time US sales for the nanosecond I purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.