Kojima hides the console (PS5 Pro?) he is playing DS2 on... Image inside. - via @Zuby_Tech

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Nice! Makes sense though - I mean the partnership is strong and DS2 has to be a big part of the 2025 line-up.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Everyone looking at the wrong thing.... He has two massive Lego sets in the background. One of them looks like the Batcave. Can't make out the other one, but might be Star Wars related.

• fire
  • Heart
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Bold move, obstructing airflow like that...
didn't PS5 was tested in closed glass cube? it can take an abuse for sure :D anyways, it is least of it's problems.

liquid metal and screws are way more difficult...

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
didn't PS5 was tested in closed glass cube? it can take an abuse for sure :D anyways, it is least of it's problems.

liquid metal and screws are way more difficult...
Liquid metal is more capable than traditional thermal paste, that's not an issue.

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
Didn’t they say the PS5 Pro dev kit look exactly like the regular version? I don’t believe Kojima already got his hands on a retail version of PS5 Pro. I think it’s false alarm.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Didn’t they say the PS5 Pro dev kit look exactly like the regular version? I don’t believe Kojima already got his hands on a retail version of PS5 Pro. I think it’s false alarm.
yes, rumors says, that PS5 Pro dev kit is exactly the same as PS5 dev kit.

question is, why is he hiding then? so rumors aren't true, or he is testing real deal?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Looks smaller than a PS5; new form factor incoming?
Games that are under development are played in devkits or testkits, which normally have a different form factor.

This is how a PS5/PS5 Pro devkit looks:
the-ps5-dev-kits-sure-were-something-v0-zok9eup76gx91.jpg
ps5-pizza-2477363.jpg

* pizzas sold separatedly :ROFLMAO:

This is how a PS5 testkit looks:
$_57.JPG

a0i3erpa8kt51.png

CP_Box_Front.png

CP_Box_side.png

The black box, known as CP box basically is to connect to connect it to a PC to debugging/profiling stuff over the network and to operate it remotely (normally studios have -or should have- them in a secure and locked servers room for security reasons to keep them away from non-authorized people. The rest of the devkit has essentially the normal retail PS5 hardware.

Historically many devkit/testkits had more RAM than the retail consoles to run unoptimized code and also allow an overhead for debugging/profiling. I assume that this add-on box solution is a cheaper one because they can use retail PS5s.

And well, devs shouldn't share pictures of them because are under NDA.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Games that are under development are played in devkits or testkits, which normally have a different form factor. This is how a PS5/PS5 Pro devkit looks:
the-ps5-dev-kits-sure-were-something-v0-zok9eup76gx91.jpg
ps5-pizza-2477363.jpg

* pizzas sold separatedly :ROFLMAO:
Well then nvm I stand corrected. No way to tell what could be hiding under the blanket ;_;

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well then nvm I stand corrected. No way to tell what could be hiding under the blanket ;_;
In theory devs aren't allowed to share photos of them, specially if it's an unnanounced version as could be a PS5 Pro one. And in theory they are mandated to have them locked in rooms.

But it's Kojima, he likes to play with hints and teases. Notice that the gamepad is a retail one (compatible with testkit), not the devkit one.