Kotaku : Astrobot is a Soulless Brand Fellatio

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Astro Bot is one of the most entertaining and depressing games I've played in ages. It's a loud, unrestrained explosion of creative energy, it's an antiseptic corporate product drowning in brand fellatio. A shining example of what current-gen first-party games can be, a dreary reminder of everything they're not. PlayStation is dead; long live PlayStation.

Over the past few years I've gotten pretty good at being able to quickly intuit whether a piece of media is real or fake. Anyone can hone this skill and I enthusiastically recommend doing so. For example: I have not yet seen Cloud, the new feature directed and written by Kiyoshi Kurosawa. Kurosawa is a more spatially proficient filmmaker than about 95 percent of his contemporaries, and even just watching the trailer, it's abundantly clear: this is a real movie. I also have not seen Piece by Piece, an upcoming documentary about Pharrell Williams where everything is made out of Legos. And yet, beyond a shadow of a doubt: fake movie.
Not Bothering to post the link, The shit stains don't deserve a click. Once again you can't disdain the gaming journalists enough

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Schitts Creek Party GIF by CBC

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Good ol Kotaku. I used to feel bad when people in games media lost their jobs, now it brings me joy

I don't get why anyone would do that job... Selling out gamers and undermining a more positive future for gaming for what?

They antagonize gamers daily, gaslight them and call them names... It's basically the job of a professional troll.

They can dress it up all they want but it's bottom of the barrell stuff.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
I don't get why anyone would do that job... Selling out gamers and undermining a more positive future for gaming for what?

They antagonize gamers daily, gaslight them and call them names... It's basically the job of a professional troll.

They can dress it up all they want but it's bottom of the barrell stuff.
Sadly that's what modern games media has become. At least the rise of independent creators has helped fill the gaps

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sadly that's what modern games media has become. At least the rise of independent creators has helped fill the gaps
Honestly, we need even more...

There are some fantastic commentators out there but there are still noches to fill and areas where traditional media needs to be completely replaced by a new option.

But I'm incredibly grateful to have at least some good options now across YouTube, discord, independent websites and twitter etc.

Reactions: Entropi