Kotaku : Astrobot is a Soulless Brand Fellatio

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
If you unable to accept the natural process of a creative team moving on from previous IP, I’m inclined to believe you are a pussy. Old age won’t be kind to you, if you think everything will always be catered to what you enjoy. These types usually get more cynical with age.

It’s funny how, when I collected a character close to my childhood (Jak) and read the description…. I nearly shed a tear. “Left a legacy worthy of the precursors” it brought back so many memories… and I am glad to of experienced that franchise. To think someone would see an old thing they enjoy and get MAD it doesn’t exist anymore…. Sounds immature

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
LOL.

Nintendo fans exist ONLY because of Nostalgia.

How rich.
Every approach has a narrative. If Sony drops a AAA blockbuster “we’re tired of sad dad simulators”

Sony drops a multiplayer game “wow we could’ve got a new AAA single player game, gaas initiative killing SIE ”

Sony drops Nintendo like platformer “nostalgia bait”

Sony drops a sequel “wow they are milking this franchise, yawn”

Sony gets exclusive JRPGS or action games from Korea “doesn’t count not created internally” despite XDEV and Sonys money very much being involved with the project

I cannot wait for Sony to unveil SMS and NDs new IPs because I guarantee you the naysayers will simply say “who is this for” and nitpick every little thing to ensure they are correct, and then complain “why couldn’t we get an uncharted or GOW instead?

It’s a never ending cycle.

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
Yes, all that is well and good.
But consider the following: it is possible for her to be a regular person but also wrong about AstroBot.
No, she's absolutely right about Astro Bot and explains so in vivid detail. Her reasoning is sound. It's a product placement game in a world where we need significantly less product placement.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

MrAss

24 May 2024
Every approach has a narrative. If Sony drops a AAA blockbuster “we’re tired of sad dad simulators”

Sony drops a multiplayer game “wow we could’ve got a new AAA single player game, gaas initiative killing SIE ”

Sony drops Nintendo like platformer “nostalgia bait”

Sony drops a sequel “wow they are milking this franchise, yawn”

Sony gets exclusive JRPGS or action games from Korea “doesn’t count not created internally” despite XDEV and Sonys money very much being involved with the project

I cannot wait for Sony to unveil SMS and NDs new IPs because I guarantee you the naysayers will simply say “who is this for” and nitpick every little thing to ensure they are correct, and then complain “why couldn’t we get an uncharted or GOW instead?

It’s a never ending cycle.
So true. Every word

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko