[Kotaku] Tensions Rise At Bethesda As Employees Pressure Company On Abortion Measures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Everybody,

Please try and avoid political discussions. Politics divides, gaming unites. If you want to talk politics, please move the the Mos Eisley Cantina and keep things respectful and engaging.
Imagine a world where Darth Vadar is the responsible person, spreading peace and harmony.

Need to go and lie down for a while.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Everybody,

Please try and avoid political discussions. Politics divides, gaming unites. If you want to talk politics, please move the the Mos Eisley Cantina and keep things respectful and engaging.
Honestly, if it was for me, I would not allow politics in any section of this forum. We come here for what we have in common : videos games.

Anyway, unlike other forums, this forum was made to allow everyone freedom of expression. So, I should stop complaining 😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Honestly, if it was for me, I would not allow politics in any section of this forum. We come here for what we have in common : videos games.

Anyway, unlike other forums, this forum was made to allow everyone freedom of expression. So, I should stop complaining 😂
The distinction is that no one here was talking about their own beliefs so there was no need to panic. It was just the topic discussion.

I understand you guys are still adjusting and don't want to take any chances so close it.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the topic is about 'Bethesda employees' a.k.a Kotaku pressuring Bethesda for a political statement on how they'll support the butthurt pro-abortion staffers, be it free trips and procedures in other States, travel expenses, etc. That's the topic.

Kotaku's one angle here is getting a pro-abortion statement from Bethesda.

Nothing to get upset over. We all know Bethesda will issue a pro-abortion statement soon, if they haven't already.

Calm down.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: EbonyRainbow

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
I truly believe this is why politics should be kept out of any non-explicitly political institution. Instead of working with each other to create the best Starfield possible, you’ve got political views splitting developers apart.

Every Bethesda employee on either side of the issue should speak their mind in their free time, but when it comes time to do work, that is what should be occupying 100% of their minds. If you need a break from work to accomplish that, take one.

This obsession with putting politics into everything, absolutely everything, will break this country, as soon we’ll only see our differences, not the things that bring us together, and allow us to reach compromise.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I truly believe this is why politics should be kept out of any non-explicitly political institution. Instead of working with each other to create the best Starfield possible, you’ve got political views splitting developers apart.

Every Bethesda employee on either side of the issue should speak their mind in their free time, but when it comes time to do work, that is what should be occupying 100% of their minds. If you need a break from work to accomplish that, take one.

This obsession with putting politics into everything, absolutely everything, will break this country, as soon we’ll only see our differences, not the things that bring us together, and allow us to reach compromise.
I thought this thread was closed and wasnt going to reply but I half agree with you and I feel I have to say why. Eveything is being made political and it shouldn’t be but I also believe basic human rights like the right to choose shouldn’t be considered political. In general though I think this should be kept out of the workplace.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I thought this thread was closed and wasnt going to reply but I half agree with you and I feel I have to say why. Eveything is being made political and it shouldn’t be but I also believe basic human rights like the right to choose shouldn’t be considered political. In general though I think this should be kept out of the workplace.
I think everything that needs to be said on this topic has been, so I will now close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.