Lead Developer of EA's new Black Panther game explains why she doesn't hire white people

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
She is an ex Sweet Baby inc girl who is a racist.

-You got the founder saying you need to bully departments into listening to their suggestions.
-You have another one of them trying to cancel a guy on Steam, getting the mob to try and shut him down, basically.

Inclusion, diversity and equality at its finest.

Not sure about you guys and girls but if you are a company, after this i would think/hope they will stay well clear of these people.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Racism in any form isn't good and in this context reverse racism, it's all the same shit. They heed to stop using the "big, bad, oppressive" White man excuse in general.
This is not reverse racism, this is racism, and what she said is illegal in the US, Europe, and pretty much most places I know of. She has to be terminated asap, this is not acceptable at all.

She should be fired or at least demoted....

Sometimes people use it too loosely, I remember when you said Forspoken was woke...nothing about that game is woke! And I dislike "wokeness" in games just as much as the next guy.
For some people, any game that doesn't feature an all white cast, or a female in a position of power or smart enough to keep up with the rest, or any person that's not straight, is automatically woke. And people using these shitty arguments are as dangerous as the racist asshole from EA.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is not reverse racism, this is racism, and what she said is illegal in the US, Europe, and pretty much most places I know of. She has to be terminated asap, this is not acceptable at all.

For some people, any game that doesn't feature an all white cast, or a female in a position of power or smart enough to keep up with the rest, or any person that's not straight, is automatically woke. And people using these shitty arguments are as dangerous as the racist asshole from EA.
All semantics and yes it is and doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. Racism is racism no matter who it's against or who was in power.

Reactions: Satoru

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

I agree 100%, both sides can be insufferable, the term "woke" is starting to lose all meaning....

Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I agree 100%, both sides can be insufferable, the term "woke" is starting to lose all meaning....
It lost all meaning after the 90s. As I mentioned in other posts it is a positive term we use to use amongst each other when I was growing up and before that started being used in NYC before tht years ago like in 50/60s amongst the black, latino and minority groups. It started getting a negative connotation from "we on point with racism and the injustice in the system" to what it is now sometime in early 2000s. And has been expanded to include many other things and diluted.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't know what to say, really, blatant racism.

These mindsets have to change; anyone that discriminates against a person's colour is just a scumbag.
Did you just insulted my taste buds?
Those likes red fish more then white fish 😁

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Did you just insulted my taste buds?
Those likes red fish more then white fish 😁
You should be arrested for eating fish and then Executed with serious intent.

Vikings Axe GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Used to be a good thing. Now it’s used as a gate to open up political discussion when 99% of the time it was never really that deep.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
She should be fired or at least demoted....

Sometimes people use it too loosely, I remember when you said Forspoken was woke...nothing about that game is woke! And I dislike "wokeness" in games just as much as the next guy.
If you remember what I said I said that the explicit design principles of Forspoken devs/execs were woke. Personally I don't see how it is too far removed from what is going on this case as there is a common cause that manifested both circumstances. You say it's used too loosely but I think the reality is it is simply ill defined which means communications lead to disagreement as their connotations and denotations of the words/concepts differ.