Legendary hacker theflow0 has hacked the PlayStation Portal

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well deserved, Sony didn't even bother with making anything run natively or for cloud play instead of remote play.

Reactions: nongkris

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I love to see it, but I'd rather see it hacked to work with more streaming clients like Geforce Now and Steam Remote Play. The chipset is not powerful enough to do much significant native rendering.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I really want to know the hardware behind it.
I bet it's pretty standard current low-end Android tablet hardware, the one you can buy today for under $99 or even under $70. But with a better screen and a DualSense split in the sides.

That storage is laughably low.
Well, in theory it's just to stream Remote Play. And who knows, maybe in the future also PS cloud gaming, Crunchyroll or their movies store stuff. Being an Android device, Sony basically could port there all their streaming apps to run there natively, without needing to have a PS5 connected or nearby.

Add a basic Andoird OS layer, and you still have GBs of space left.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Knew it would happen.

So, Adreno 610 in Portal has around 300 GFLOPS. So, enough for PS1, PS2, PSP, PSVITA, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii(U) other Nintendo handhelds, Xbox

Reactions: ethomaz

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
What is the CPU?

Maybe Snapdragon 460 SM4250 or maybe Snapdragon 662.

Anyway, maybe newer version, i dunno.

• It’s really not designed to be user repairable.
  • The main processor is a Qualcomm SG4150P chip.
  • It has Samsung LPDDR4x memory.
  • The PlayStation Portal has a 16.6 Wh battery.
There’s not much information on the internet about the SG4150P processor, and while there’s been some speculation that it’s a Snapdragon 662 chip from 2019, the model number shows up in security bulletins starting in early 2023. I can’t find any mention of it before then, suggesting it’s a newer processor… possibly one of Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon G1 or G2 series processors designed for handheld gaming devices.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I wonder if you could flash the OS or remote play app version to make it play PS4 OS... Vita don't have L2/R2 or LS/RS sticks.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder if you could flash the OS or remote play app version to make it play PS4 OS... Vita don't have L2/R2 or LS/RS sticks.
It kinda have...

L2 / R2 is on the back of the Vita.
L3/R3 in some games are on back and in others on Vita screen sides.

That is how it worked to all games to me.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
It kinda have...

L2 / R2 is on the back of the Vita.
L3/R3 in some games are on back and in others on Vita screen sides.

That is how it worked to all games to me.
Sorry, I meant to say fully functioning buttons. I still think that decision doomed Vita more than any others

Reactions: ethomaz and SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Sorry, I meant to say fully functioning buttons. I still think that decision doomed Vita more than any others
100% this. There isn't other reason. Games were very limited cause of it

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
100% this. There isn't other reason. Games were very limited cause of it
Exactly. They should have released an L2/R2, LS/RS revision model and stuck the 'remote play your PS4' app on there. It'd have all the needed buttons the home console games expected, it connected direction to home console or over local network/data, had internet for public wifi landing pages too. That's all it needed.

Reactions: SLB1904