Legendary hacker theflow0 has hacked the PlayStation Portal

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was bound to happen. Isn't it an Android device? Should run games up to PSP just fine. Maybe even some PS2 games.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I bet it's pretty standard current low-end Android tablet hardware, the one you can buy today for under $99 or even under $70. But with a better screen and a DualSense split in the sides.

Well, in theory it's just to stream Remote Play. And who knows, maybe in the future also PS cloud gaming, Crunchyroll or their movies store stuff. Being an Android device, Sony basically could port there all their streaming apps to run there natively, without needing to have a PS5 connected or nearby.

Add a basic Andoird OS layer, and you still have GBs of space left.

See the crunchyroll comment makes sense, but you can't play media apps over remote play. Which is yet another albatross reason why remote play only sucked as a design choice. I think to work around it, you'd have to watch on remote play a USB stick of media through the Media Gallery app. I've done that before I'm sure, just not on the Portal itself.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
It;s an Android streaming device, would be cool to run android games on it

would be horrible if they find a gateway to PS5 so hackers could run emulators on PS5 :ninja:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
It;s an Android streaming device, would be cool to run android games on it

would be horrible if they find a gateway to PS5 so hackers could run emulators on PS5 :ninja:

Emulation isn't needed as much if Sony would just break the BC Dam wide open.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Emulation isn't needed as much if Sony would just break the BC Dam wide open.

PS4 emulation on PS5 should be easy since it's the same hardware vendor, but you know people will be asking for PS3 emulation and that mess of a hardware/OS is a nightmare to even dream about

thanx for Lisa Sue CEO of AMD for that CELL cpu when she was at IBM

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
PS4 emulation on PS5 should be easy since it's the same hardware vendor, but you know people will be asking for PS3 emulation and that mess of a hardware/OS is a nightmare to even dream about

thanx for Lisa Sue CEO of AMD for that CELL cpu when she was at IBM
At a certain point it's embarrassing to not have built up a backbone team that can bring games back en masse. It should be like a young lions type of deal, you learn the different game engines or PS hardware coding of the past to then understand and build future games with that knowledge spread. Today's game creators must be due to retire soon, right? People always say they need more manpower, don't they?