Lego Horizon Adventures is on Switch because Playstation Studio’s Guerrilla Games wanted the game to reach more people

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
lego-horizon-adventures-is-on-nintendo-switch-because-its-a-game-for-everyone-1.large.jpg

In order to find out the reasons why, we ran the question by Guerrilla Games' narrative director James Windeler at Summer Game Fest Play Days. The answer we received shouldn't come as much of a surprise; it turns out the development teams simply wanted the game to reach more people.

"When we approached this game, we wanted to make sure that it was for everyone," Windeler says. "[That philosophy] has informed every creative decision, and bringing [LEGO Horizon Adventures] to Nintendo Switch is part of that."

He continues: "We're trying to bring as broad an audience as possible to this game and to the franchise. And the Switch has a family-friendly audience, and it's a really good fit in order to expand."

Source

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You're massively salty.

The PS4 is dead and dying.

Do you even own a PS5?
Salty about what? I just don't see the logic in locking out PS4 owners if the game can be scaled down for the Switch 🙄.

PS4 still has a 50 million active base and a lot of kids are the ones still using PS4.

Why do you care? Do you think I'm gonna share my PSN to you to prove a point? Lmao

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Salty about what? I just don't see the logic in locking out PS4 owners if the game can be scaled down for the Switch 🙄.

Salty about the switch getting the game and not the ps4.

The logic is Sony wants PS4 users to move to PS5, the more games you put on PS4, the less likely that is. They want people to re-up their investment in PlayStation. They probably could have scaled down helldivers 2 to run on ps4 too.

PS4 still has a 50 million active base and a lot of kids are the ones still using PS4.

and they want them to buy ps5s

Why do you care? Do you think I'm gonna share my PSN to you to prove a point? Lmao

I don't care what your psn is. If you have a ps5, why do you care if this game isn't on ps4? If you have a ps4, can you not afford a ps5?

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Salty about the switch getting the game and not the ps4.

The logic is Sony wants PS4 users to move to PS5, the more games you put on PS4, the less likely that is. They want people to re-up their investment in PlayStation. They probably could have scaled down helldivers 2 to run on ps4 too.

and they want them to buy ps5s

I don't care what your psn is. If you have a ps5, why do you care if this game isn't on ps4? If you have a ps4, can you not afford a ps5?
You literally make no sense but what's new here? I don't care the Switch is getting this game. I STILL think it's stupid to lock out PS4 owners with a Lego game lol. Like, Make it make sense. All your tentpole games got a PS4 version except Spiderman but Lego is where you figure... Oh let's force PS4 owners to spend $500+ for an 8 hour game 🤣

Nobody rushing out to buy a PS5 for Lego.

I wasn't aware because I have a PS5 means I still can't comment on a weird decision regarding the PS4 🤦🏽💀

So don't worry about what I can't afford. What you need to worry about is the fact you can't afford to come on this site and no act like a fuckin jackass.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
that's what i'm saying, if all the studios start asking for Switch 2 support, you'll see tentpole games on Switch 2... they'll want Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West to reach more people, same excuse as them porting to PC, reach more people... while it diminishes and weakens the PlayStation console more and more

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
You literally make no sense but what's new here? I don't care the Switch is getting this game. I STILL think it's stupid to lock out PS4 owners with a Lego game lol. Like, Make it make sense. All your tentpole games got a PS4 version except Spiderman but Lego is where you figure... Oh let's force PS4 owners to spend $500+ for an 8 hour game 🤣

Nobody rushing out to buy a PS5 for Lego.

I wasn't aware because I have a PS5 means I still can't comment on a weird decision regarding the PS4 🤦🏽💀

So don't worry about what I can't afford. What you need to worry about is the fact you can't afford to not come on this site act like a fuckin jackass.
PS5 has literally the same amount of PS4 monthly users, this clown doesn't even know what he's talking about, i hate these shills

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Guerrilla and Hulst were always the one behind the push for PlayStation going multiplataform.

ebb85ff6075427e654405717b38ffb74.jpg

Extending olive branches to Switch and Pirate C and locking out PS4 owners as if they think anyone gonna abandon their PS4 to buy a PS5 for this..?
The way they threat PC player in comparison to PlayStation players is enough reason to never buy a PlayStation again. Sony deserves to be booted out of the console market and become another failing publisher like Sega.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
He's literally brain 🪦

I try to avoid his idiotic posts most times, he claims he put me on ignore yet here he still is. Poor thing
idiotic people like him were saying this was a license thing with LEGO, turns out, it's Guerrilla 🤡

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Guerrilla and Hermen Hulst were always the one pushing for PlayStation to go multiplataforms.

ebb85ff6075427e654405717b38ffb74.jpg
interestingly enough, people from this studio are getting higher up positions at Sony, it's not even Sony's best studio...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm at a point that I would welcome day and date with PC for every PlayStation game so I could move on to Switch 2 + PC without a second thought. I'll get my physical media needs taken care by Nintendo and PC offers me a lot of advantages over PlayStation, free online, free cloud saves, better refund policy, better library, better prices.

Now that Xbox is dead, PlayStation might just have become the worst place to play.

interestingly enough, people from this studio are getting higher up positions at Sony, it's not even Sony's best studio...
Far from it, they might be technically competent but they don't have the raw talent and creative vision of the likes of ND, SSM and Team ASOBI. But more and more Sony studios are becoming bland like Guerrilla, might be their influence spreading.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Extending olive branches to Switch and Pirate C and locking out PS4 owners as if they think anyone gonna abandon their PS4 to buy a PS5 for this..?
Yes.

Sony already makes money from the PS4 users, so the way of forcing them a bit to jump to PS5 is to stop releasing new games in PS4.

Sony didn't made money from the people playing in PC or Switch, so they release some games there to make some extra money, and if they want to play the rest, then they have to buy a PS5.

Obviously their main plan isn't to make all their PC or Switch users jump to PS5, but to make some extra money and reach a bigger audience instead. Getting some new PS5 sales with them is secondary.

And obviously won't release now all their games on Switch. Pretty likely wil do it only with some specific cases where they see fit, as could be kid friendly games with scalable, no too demanding visuals.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I do get the PS4 take, but they have been dropping cross-gen since last year with FF16 & SM2. If they did cross-gen people would complain about not leaving PS4 behind..

Regarding the Switch port, obviously for profitability and target audience. This also opens the door for more PS cross-over Lego games to go to Switch. Personally I am meh with LEGO going over there but it got me thinking are they as stupid as other claim with an Astrobot port, I mean it's the same logic.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes.

Sony already makes money from the PS4 users, so the way of forcing them a bit to jump to PS5 is to stop releasing new games in PS4.

Sony didn't made money from the people playing in PC or Switch, so they release some games there to make some extra money, and if they want to play the rest, then they have to buy a PS5.

Obviously their main plan isn't to make all their PC or Switch users jump to PS5, but to make some extra money and reach a bigger audience instead. Getting some new PS5 sales with them is secondary.

And obviously won't release now all their games on Switch. Pretty likely wil do it only with some specific cases where they see fit, as could be kid friendly games with scalable, no too demanding visuals.
You just wanted to type up something in here, huh? 🤔