Lies of P is coming to Xbox Game Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Why can't you people just make an offical thread for the list of games coming to gamepass then just update it?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it will be fitting with some Phil Spencer gifs that are very common between fanboys at least here in Spain.

Why can't you people just make an offical thread for the list of games coming to gamepass then just update it?
Good idea. I think we had a thread for PS Plus, we could have another for GP and to add both to the list of sticked threads

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

P

peter42O

Awesome news for me!! I'm not a souls gamer whatsoever but Lies of P looks great and is a game I want to tryout but not buy for $60/$70 so getting it day one on Game Pass for a nice and cheap $10 monthly rental works out perfectly for me. Let's go baby!!! Give me more!!! 😂

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
But isn't is sony who buys exclusivity for their gamesnamkdmsaio... kill me.
This isn't an exclusive from what I can tell. It will hit PlayStation and could still be on Game pass like MLB The Show for instance.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Awesome news for me!! I'm not a souls gamer whatsoever but Lies of P looks great and is a game I want to tryout but not buy for $60/$70 so getting it day one on Game Pass for a nice and cheap $10 monthly rental works out perfectly for me. Let's go baby!!! Give me more!!! 😂
game looks fun, but it does not look like a 60/70 quid game to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobbygaming
P

peter42O

game looks fun, but it does not look like 1 60/70 quid game to me.

Perhaps but it is an AA budgeted game. I think it looks great for what it is and I love the atmosphere of the game. Reminds me of Bloodborne/Castlevania. It could be worth 60/70 for souls fans but im not a souls guy so to be able to try it out for $10 is perfect for me. We'll see how it turns out. Thus far, I have liked what I have seen.

24 Jun 2022
Between getting this for GamePass and getting Elden Ring as one of the free games for Series S special sales, seems like Microsoft is trying to curry over more of the Souls audience to Xbox platforms. Really good get for them; I'm actually kind of surprised Sony aren't seemingly doing anything with this game in terms of some timed exclusivity or whatnot. Maybe they'll have a Game Trail for it in PS+ around launch.

It's little things like this that can add up for Microsoft if they keep doing them, and Sony has to be a bit more proactive in trying to match them in the subscription game. Even stuff like 1-month subscription exclusivity for Game Trail access before going to GamePass (especially if that can be done prior to the game's official release) is stuff Sony will have to actually consider going forward, if they're games they otherwise won't be putting wholesale into PS+ and they don't have marketing deals or timed exclusivity on.

I mean this game looks the closest to a modern Bloodborne than any other Souls-like out there, that may be a niche audience but it's still one that can be served and Microsoft are going an extra step in trying to serve them with deals like this. Sony have to take that type of thing into consider in the future especially if these subscription services do start gaining some real ground in terms of larger revenue streams.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Between getting this for GamePass and getting Elden Ring as one of the free games for Series S special sales, seems like Microsoft is trying to curry over more of the Souls audience to Xbox platforms. Really good get for them; I'm actually kind of surprised Sony aren't seemingly doing anything with this game in terms of some timed exclusivity or whatnot. Maybe they'll have a Game Trail for it in PS+ around launch.

It's little things like this that can add up for Microsoft if they keep doing them, and Sony has to be a bit more proactive in trying to match them in the subscription game. Even stuff like 1-month subscription exclusivity for Game Trail access before going to GamePass (especially if that can be done prior to the game's official release) is stuff Sony will have to actually consider going forward, if they're games they otherwise won't be putting wholesale into PS+ and they don't have marketing deals or timed exclusivity on.

I mean this game looks the closest to a modern Bloodborne than any other Souls-like out there, that may be a niche audience but it's still one that can be served and Microsoft are going an extra step in trying to serve them with deals like this. Sony have to take that type of thing into consider in the future especially if these subscription services do start gaining some real ground in terms of larger revenue streams.
I hate subscriptions and how people expect everything to be in a service now. It's going to screw us out of bigger blockbuster games if it really catches on

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz
Status
Not open for further replies.