Lies of P is coming to Xbox Game Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 Jun 2022
It is coming to PS5 and PC day one of course.

MS has probably the marketing rights so the trailer at Gamecom only showed Xbox.

I'm still kind of surprised Sony didn't take up that opportunity, for marketing rights or whatever anyway. Either they really do have plans for another Bloodborne or adjacent 1P game, or they don't understand the fandom that game has and what attention it can garner in a post-Elden Ring environment.

Good move on MS's part, tho. They definitely needed to make some more notable GamePass moves after delaying Starfield & RedFall, and not really having much in the way of exclusives or big GamePass titles until at least Forza's release next year.

Reactions: ethomaz

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
It looks surprisingly good for a studio that doesn't have a lot of experience.

The whole marketing rights thing is just bizarre to me though lol

edit: Oh i see they are a S Korean dev/publisher.. makes more sense, as I understand it a lot of pretty legit online action games we never see out of that region.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Really find it weird seeing all the hype created around this game simply because it looks similar to Bloodborne in aesthetic.

Somehow, It is even the most anticipated game for PS gamers.

Developed by NEOWIZ? A Korean Online game developer?

Proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'll wait for the reviews.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Lies of Phil. Perfect game for Xbox and Gamepass. A game about their used car salesman

P

peter42O

I hate subscriptions and how people expect everything to be in a service now. It's going to screw us out of bigger blockbuster games if it really catches on

I don't believe that people expect everything to be in a subscription service. If anything, vast majority of people know what to expect just by seeing what goes in Game Pass for example day one. It's mostly all Indie games and a few AA titles here and there, most of which are live service co-op games which are perfect for a subscription service. People probably hope for games to go in a subscription service, I know I do but realistically, 90% of games are not going into a subscription service on day one. Months/years later? Sure but not day one.

We're not going to get screwed out of big blockbuster games if/when a subscription service like Game Pass takes off simply because majority of deals are made with games well into development so them being a big blockbuster would have already been decided years earlier.

I am in favor of gaming subscriptions and want more of them to be honest simply because it's better for me personally. I'm very much looking forward to Ubisoft+ going on Xbox/PlayStation and considering the amount of money that Ubisoft spends on their games, im not worried about them all of a sudden eliminating the development of big blockbuster games. EA has their subscription service on PC which includes their games day one and hasn't affected their blockbuster games or paying for licenses like Star Wars and who knows what else they have planned.

If anything, gamers are just being overly paranoid and worried because their favorite company isn't doing what their competition is doing. There's way more than just the single traditional model of how to get games to consumers. You have disc, digital, subscription, free to play and streaming. There's so many different options and the more the better because that will be what increases competition which in turn will still give you the big blockbuster games that you like.

Back to me personally, outside of Microsoft's first party games, I don't expect any game to go on Game Pass until it happens. Do I hope for games that im interested in buying and playing to go on Game Pass day one? Absolutely. I stopped collecting games two generations ago so if I can get a game for a $10 monthly rental instead of paying $60/$70 and then trading it in for $30/$35, I will gladly take that deal. Once 2022 ends, I would have completed only 2 games on Game Pass out of what will be 25 total games. The rest were all purchased. And in a few cases like Outriders and The Ascent, I bought them at full price after trying them out on Game Pass. Realistically, outside of Microsoft's first party games, if I get 1 or 2 games a year on Game Pass day one, that's just a bonus.

A game like Lies of P is simply a game that I would never buy because it's a souls game and im not a souls guy whatsoever but to be able to at the very least try it out for a $10 monthly rental day one is great because I can take a chance on the game without spending $60/$70 on it and end up losing that money.

But for those who prefer to pay $60/$70 for the game on PC/PS5/XS, more power to you.

Reactions: DarkMage619

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I loved the trailers but the long 14m gameplay looks a bit like wish dot com version of bloodborne.

I wanted bloodborne on pc
Everything was screen space ambient occlusion

Reactions: Muddasar
Status
Not open for further replies.