Like A Dragon: Gaiden English dub will not be available on the 11/8 launch date and will release as a post-launch patch (no official date yet).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't play Yakuza with the English dub and even if I did, I'd switch it because of this guy. Off all the voice actors, they chose him.
Omg idk this just reminds me of hating the VA in Lords of the Fallen. They sound so corny lol

Reactions: Kokoloko

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I have played a couple of Yakuza games and enjoy my time with them. Playing with Japanese dub is the right and only way to play these games. Not to mention yellow chair loving hypocrite Yong Yea is the English voice actor for Kiryu for this game. No thank you.

Reactions: JAHGamer

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I don't play Yakuza with the English dub and even if I did, I'd switch it because of this guy. Of all the voice actors, they chose him.
If anything it feels as a disservice to play it in anything other then that. I mean we've had what 7 games of Kiryu in Japanese and now they go oh let's dub him in English. I can understand Like A Dragon since those characters are completely unrelated to the main franchise but wasting money on dubbing Kiryu with a youtuber who doesn't fit the role plus Kiryu is in what his 50's now being voiced by someone in their 20's? Then again Sega seems to be spending money on stupid things now with the fluff money Xbox gave them.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
This is good imo. The delay for localising everything sucked. People who know want to play in English likely get a discount if they wait until English patch drops.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
This is good imo. The delay for localising everything sucked. People who know want to play in English likely get a discount if they wait until English patch drops.
They’re probably the same assholes who never played a Yakuza game before 0, so fuck them.

Reactions: Nimrota

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
They’re probably the same assholes who never played a Yakuza game before 0, so fuck them.
To be fair I would argue that Yakuza pre 0 not worth playing.

Slog fest, probably on 4 is worth your time.

They introduce so many characters that got put aside fast as much as possible.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
To be fair I would argue that Yakuza pre 0 not worth playing.

Slog fest, probably on 4 is worth your time.

They introduce so many characters that got put aside fast as much as possible.
Yeah, that’s utter bullshit, pal.

The games are great, you just have to have the faculties to keep track of things or read the recaps before starting a session if you can’t remember anything.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't play Yakuza with the English dub and even if I did, I'd switch it because of this guy. Of all the voice actors, they chose him.
DEI rules these days, have to cast as close to the same race as the character as possible, but just don’t pay attention to the dude not being Japanese, Asian is close enough!

• haha
Reactions: Johnic

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yeah, that’s utter bullshit, pal.

The games are great, you just have to have the faculties to keep track of things or read the recaps before starting a session if you can’t remember anything.
I mean the first two games are somewhat unique because of beat em up combat and Dotonbori nd Kabuki are pretty details for PS2 games, somewhat like GTA.

PS3 games seem like they tried to drag that shit for too long and it feels terrible to play.

At least 4 had coherent story and fun minigames.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You know I've never played these only like a demo one time. I have to see what they about.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
You know I've never played these only like a demo one time. I have to see what they about.
Western media has always labeled the Yakuza franchise as the Japanese GTA which is the most inaccurate thing to say bout the Yakuza games. Lol. Yakuza games prior to Like a Dragon 7 were action RPG with old school beat em combat. There are also lots of cutscenes and text reading. Sega considered Yakuza to be a spiritual successor to Shemue. Like a Dragon: Gaiden won't be turn based so it will have the action melee combat. Yakuza games are an acquired taste I will say cause these games are very Japanese.

Reactions: Kokoloko

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If you’re on one of the upper tiers of Plus, check if Yakuza Kiwami is on there. It’s the first game remade in a more modern engine.

Don’t play 0 first, or 99% of the character stuff for Majima won’t have the impact it’s meant to.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If you’re on one of the upper tiers of Plus, check if Yakuza Kiwami is on there. It’s the first game remade in a more modern engine.

Don’t play 0 first, or 99% of the character stuff for Majima won’t have the impact it’s meant to.
Yeah I have top tier

Reactions: KiryuRealty