Like a Dragon Gaiden took only six months to make, originally planned as DLC |UP| RGG knew it was time to take "Like A Dragon" overseas.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
IMO this is a positive, not a negative. Just because it was made in a shorter period doesn't mean it will be bad, not every game needs a 4+ year development cycle. We got GTA 3, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas in less than 3 years and all of those games were amazing. Other sequels that came out relatively quickly were Uncharted 1/2 and 4/Lost Legacy, God of War 1/2, Infamous 1/2, Spider-Man 2018/Miles Morales. I'd much rather the industry stick with this style of development than the current unsustainable model.

The overarching story is pretty straightforward, it's only what happens in between that can be a little all over the place, but that's why we love Yakuza.

Facts, but really it's Sony's fault that they "lost" such a critical partner. I can't be mad at Sega for taking free money....they would be dumb not to accept it.
A game every 6 month or an year is not what is needed. Too much of anything will turn people off rather than bring in more people. This franchise is at most a 1 million seller and the more entries they shit out the more people will fall off.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
A game every 6 month or an year is not what is needed. Too much of anything will turn people off rather than bring in more people. This franchise is at most a 1 million seller and the more entries they shit out the more people will fall off.
Says who? Have you played the series? People like me that have bought and played every single one have no complaints.

Last year I bought Ishin and Gaiden day 1, this year I bought Infinite Wealth day 1, all of them were amazing games and some of the BEST in the series. Just because they release them frequently, doesn't mean quality is affected in anyway.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
you guys are missing out on one of the best franchises in gaming, Yakuza is tied with God of War as my favorite gaming series. But I've been playing it since PS2 😂 so trying to catch up now would be daunting but still doable I think.

Just start with Yakuza 0 and you'll get HOOKED
I also started with Yakuza 0, just never got to finish it, but I was liking it.

But I feel like there is no chance I'll touch 1-6. Once I finish Yakuza 0 I'll probably just play Judgment or Like a Dragon.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I also started with Yakuza 0, just never got to finish it, but I was liking it.

But I feel like there is no chance I'll touch 1-6. Once I finish Yakuza 0 I'll probably just play Judgment or Like a Dragon.
nah dont do that, 1 and 2 are some of the best in the series. Skipping any game is really gonna mess up the stories of Gaiden and Infinite Wealth

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom