Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth Had Highest Physical Pre-Orders in Franchise History

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is my first Yakuza game. I am enjoying the game's humor, quirky characters, and combat mechanics. I’m all in now!
Damn thts gd, it'll be my first too. I'm glad your enjoying and think you for the feedback.

• Shake
Reactions: Entropi

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
This is my first Yakuza game. I am enjoying the game's humor, quirky characters, and combat mechanics. I’m all in now!
The good news is plenty of games in the series, so if you enjoy it you'll have plenty to look forward to. I always find it amazing how well they're able to a balance the serious and humurous aspects of the game. It's really well done.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Kind of interesting that the majority of the reviews of this game were for the Playstation version despite being heavily marketed with Xbox.
Sega has been kinda pushing the PlayStation version covertly last few weeks I realized.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
starting with Infinite Wealth is like Ragnarok being your first God of War game 🤦‍♂️ you won't know who anyone is or what's going on. I don't recommend it at all.
I think they've recognised a lot of new people will play because starting sequences are pretty reflective on what (importantly) happened in Y7 (though even if you get that, you'll miss the context of Y6-Gaiden).

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I think they've recognised a lot of new people will play because starting sequences are pretty reflective on what (importantly) happened in Y7 (though even if you get that, you'll miss the context of Y6-Gaiden).
The little flashbacks to previous games is nowhere near enough... and Y6-Gaiden context is extremely crucial, imagine just seeing Kiryu in Hawaii for the first time and not knowing who he is or why he's there..... Removes a ton of the gravity through out the game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The little flashbacks to previous games is nowhere near enough... and Y6-Gaiden context is extremely crucial, imagine just seeing Kiryu in Hawaii for the first time and not knowing who he is or why he's there..... Removes a ton of the gravity through out the game.
I need to get into these smh

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I need to get into these smh
I say definitely start with 0, you don't have to play them all, but 0 is the best place to start plus it's cheapest, it's always on sale for $5 and it's always leaving and entering PS Plus extra. It's also a lot of people's favorite game in the series. But I remember you saying you don't like a lot of dialogue, game has quite a bit of dialogue, but it's one of the best written games ever. So I feel like you'll like either really love it or hate it...

• Shake

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Uhm... Yeah
Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
To anyone played this, how is the turn based combat.

Do we have one of those stupid "challange tower" to grind before the artificial jump in difficulty like 7?

I hate how they change this to turn based, such stupid choice.

The "boss fights" back in the day is cheesy and fun as hell, now with turn based it just cheesy.

At least Lost Judge has still has brawling, but that shit never got another one. The boss fight with hiphop dubstep music is so fun.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Do we have one of those stupid "challange tower" to grind before the artificial jump in difficulty like 7?

The "boss fights" back in the day is cheesy and fun as hell, now with turn based it just cheesy.

At least Lost Judge has still has brawling, but that shit never got another one. The boss fight with hiphop dubstep music is so fun.
OH damn I forgot they turned it into turn based.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Yeah the tower was implemented poorly in 7 but that was the only part on the game, aside from True Final Millennium Tower, that you had to grind. I like the 7 style boss fights, main issue was lack of variability (e.g. Heavy machinery being recycled several times). I still enjoyed the bosses, the essence of tag team blade kill in the Saejima-Majima fight was great. Can't remember if 7 had QTEs during mid-fight cutscenes but there has been at least one in Y8 so far (I wish they would keep these).

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yeah the tower was implemented poorly in 7 but that was the only part on the game, aside from True Final Millennium Tower, that you had to grind. I like the 7 style boss fights, main issue was lack of variability (e.g. Heavy machinery being recycled several times). I still enjoyed the bosses, the essence of tag team blade kill in the Saejima-Majima fight was great. Can't remember if 7 had QTEs during mid-fight cutscenes but there has been at least one in Y8 so far (I wish they would keep these).
QTEs with finisher animation was fun though.