LTTP: Final Fantasy VII "Remake" on PS5 (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
UPDATE.

I strong believe Square Enix did the wrong marketing with this game… I missed it at launch and should never play that game due the Square Enix marketing this game as remake.

If I know it was a sequel I should have played it since first day… I mean $70 from.

I’m half way the game I believe… and the amount of events that the Fate of the World had to intervene to fight the changes by the future Sephiroth is crazy.

From my head…

- Sephiroth makes Cloud meet Aerith early… Fate makes them separate.
- Fate had to hurt Jess to make Cloud do the second mission.
- Cloud died but in that case both Sephiroth and Fate needed him alive so Fate revived him.
- Cloud had the change to kill Reno but Fate blocked it.
- Fate blocked Cloud until Biggs have no salvation.
- Fate blocked Cloud until Jesse have no salvation.
- Fate blocked Cloud and others from blocking Rude to detonate the reator.
- Fake blocked Wedge from run from the Reator falling.

Man the story is really something else while the battle system didn’t evolve at all.

That makes me get excited to what they will do with Rebirth and the last part…

Will Sephiroth change of the story to the point he doesn’t merge with the lifestream?
Will Fate really force all the events to have Results equal to what happened in the past?
Will Cloud realize what is happening?

Another point… Aerith is probably confuse yet but she is totally aware of what is happening at the point she is having flashbacks from herself in the future… can that be the own Aerith that merged with lifestream trying to fight the Sephiroth against to change the past?

I have the feeling the death of her will be way different and at that point she will understand everything (be aware of the future) and probably force his own death.

Loving the nuances of the that fight between the future and the Fate of the world.

It is a genius sequel.
BTW to understand better the story I totally recommend to read the novels with the events before the movie Advent Children.

In specific the chapter Black & White:

Last edited:
P

peter42O

Excluding those shadow enemies which as far as I know were not in the original game and the last few hours where the story kinda lost me, FF7R is excellent and won me over to the extent that im day one for Rebirth, eventual Part 3, FFXVI and perhaps even Crisis Core. Really enjoyed the game.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Excluding those shadow enemies which as far as I know were not in the original game and the last few hours where the story kinda lost me, FF7R is excellent and won me over to the extent that im day one for Rebirth, eventual Part 3, FFXVI and perhaps even Crisis Core. Really enjoyed the game.
The shadows called Whispers are manifestation of the world Fate.

D

Deleted member 223

Game/Level design is still stuck in PS2, early PS3 era. Combat was solid. Cinematics/Story was decent... but for teens.

Never a big fan of pointy hair, plastic character models of some Japanase games so... the series has never been for me. Did finish it tho...

They would go a long way with me if they at least tried to fix those hairdo's Resident Evil style (for a Japanase to Japanese comparison).

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Just finished the Honey Bee section…. :/

20 hours in now maybe.

Man, this is the most overrated game I’ve played in awhile.

The combat is pretty average. The level design is kinda non-existent. The side quests are horrible and not engaging narratively or gameplay wise. There’s a lot of walk n talk. It’s pretty tho and I’m in love with all the women. So mission accomplished?

Tales of Arise absolutely blows this game out of the water. FF7r is like just a marvel movie…

Status
Not open for further replies.