Madison VR Review Thread and |OT|

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1714591029900.png
1714591074453.png

Madison VR is, as you might expect, the virtual reality version of Madison, a psychological horror game that originally launched in the summer of 2022.

MADiSON VR

Developer
BLOODIOUS GAMES

Publisher
BLOODIOUS GAMES
Release

May 2, 2024

MADiSON VR now plunges you even deeper into its immersive and terrifying world. With the utilization of an instant camera in your virtual hands, bridge the gap between our world and the unknown. Snap photos, develop them by yourself to solve puzzles, explore the shadows and above all, survive.

Trailers:

Reviews:

TheSixthAxis
MAY 1, 2024
Madison VR is derivative, some of the puzzles have annoyingly obscure solutions and there really should be more VR comfort options, but the foreboding atmosphere and genuine frights more than make up for this. Put on your PSVR 2, plug in the earphones and get ready to have the bejesus scared out of you.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

UploadVR
MAY 1, 2024
MADiSON VR brings the spine-tingling chills and palpitation-inducing dread that the 2022 horror game is known for. This is further complemented by full immersion in virtual reality, coupled with haptic feedback from your headset and controller. Obtuse and unclear puzzles that were present in the original, alongside poor contextual controls in the VR adaptation, mar what is otherwise a terrifyingly terrific outing from Bloodious Games.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gamereactor UK
MAY 2, 2024
It's definitely a game for those who appreciate this type of horror more than I do, and in the end I'm left wondering about the final judgement. I think the VR format is utilised very well, the visuals and atmosphere are brilliant and the horror is effectively done. But at the same time, it is dragged down by gameplay frustrating things and some design around puzzles that do not work in a satisfactory way.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Gamereactor UK
MAY 2, 2024
It's definitely a game for those who appreciate this type of horror more than I do, and in the end I'm left wondering about the final judgement. I think the VR format is utilised very well, the visuals and atmosphere are brilliant and the horror is effectively done. But at the same time, it is dragged down by gameplay frustrating things and some design around puzzles that do not work in a satisfactory way.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5