"Major European retailer is struggling to sell anything with an Xbox logo on it"

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Love the stench of xbox failure with my morning tea.

9xm.gif

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I serously have to wonder what japanese retailers are thinking right now?

Xbox sales are even worse in japan, like a few hundred or low thousands sold every week. It gets beat by the ps4 some weeks.

Why even bother?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I serously have to wonder what japanese retailers are thinking right now?

Xbox sales are even worse in japan, like a few hundred or low thousands sold every week. It gets beat by the ps4 some weeks.

Why even bother?
"Not to try is to fail" the real loser is the one who doesn't try or something like that 😂🤣

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Xbox never recovered from Xbox One imo. It was all downhill from there.

It started before of that, when they put all their eggs in the Kinect basket during the second half of the X360 gen and dropped the ball regarding exclusives. From then on, it has been a misstep after the other:

TV, TV, TV
Always online
Xbox games day one on PC
Series S
Xbox games day one on Gamepass

And all the time releasing turds of games or nothing at all.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It started before of that, when they put all their eggs in the Kinect basket during the second half of the X360 gen and dropped the ball regarding exclusives. From then on, it has been a misstep after the other:

TV, TV, TV
Always online
Xbox games day one on PC
Series S

It all started when Phil Spencer was put in charge of Xbox studios in 2008. They pivoted hard to Kinect and Phil Spencer completely mismanaged their studios.

If they actually had high quality games to back up their other ambitions their costumers wouldn't have cared that much about that stuff (as nobody in fact did since the Xbox One actually sold well early on and Xbox still has online check-ins to this day if I'm not mistaken).

The funny thing is that somehow Phil Spencer was the top executive that managed to benefit from the Xbox Studios/Xbox One disaster, despite being the biggest contributor to it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

TV, TV, TV
Always online
Xbox games day one on PC
Series S

💯

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Having a shit Xbox product on display might also make buying a PlayStation a more compelling proposition, maybe they have an angle here for keeping the "competition" on the shelves.
It would be like those fake prepper bunkers you see in America, with empty boxes in the cupboards.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I've seen the Xbox shelf area shrink over the months at FNAC. There's more Xbox used games for sale (and for very cheap) than anything though.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've seen the Xbox shelf area shrink over the months at FNAC. There's more Xbox used games for sale (and for very cheap) than anything though.
Over here it's funny I rarely notice the Xbox sections at retailer stores but maybe I'm just not liking for it. Sony section is always very conspicuous though.

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024

TV, TV, TV
Always online
Xbox games day one on PC
Series S

Who remembers this:

E3 2013 memories lol