Marcus Lehto (co-creator of Halo) no longer serving as Game Director for the next Battlefield.|UP| Has Nothing Positive To Say about EA.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Update...

“Not been saying much here since I don’t have anything positive to say about EA, my recent departure, and how so many, including my team, are suffering due to the industry sweeping layoffs,” he said.

Just a day after Lehto made his departure from the company public, EA announced that it was laying off 5% of its global workforce, including the shutting down of Ridgeline Studios. Ridgeline had been responsible for the single-player development of the Battlefield franchise.

In its announcement of the studio’s closure, Laura Miele, president of EA Entertainment and Technology, seemed to insinuate that Lehto’s exit was part of the reason for the studio’s closure.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh… All of Lehto’s projects since leaving bungie have been failures.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Never really followed him or knew his impact.

Bungie vet that left in 2011. Made some studio and a game called Disintergation in 2020 to lukewarm reception.

Not trying to knock the dude but his career over the last decade hasn’t produced much.

Criterion taking over that single player Battlefield project isn’t the worst news. They’re solid.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bungie vet that left in 2011. Made some studio and a game called Disintergation in 2020 to lukewarm reception.

Not trying to knock the dude but his career over the last decade hasn’t produced much.

Criterion taking over that single player Battlefield project isn’t the worst news. They’re solid.
Thnks.