Marvel: Rivals debuts with a strong player count on it's first day of open-beta

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GTNYbaHXAAA9Kcb

Marvel Rivals has debuted with a strong player count of over 50k players on first day of open beta (Steam), the player numbers continue to rise as beta keys keep rolling out on Twitch.

Marvel Rivals Twitch drops​

The Marvel Rivals Twitch drops will be available from July 24 at 5PM PT / 8PM ET / July 25 1AM BST until July 27/July 28.

Unlike most Twitch drops, the Marvel Rivals keys are available on a first come, first served basis. You must watch for one hour and claim your reward on the same day. If you miss out, you can try again each day of the campaign, with the rewards refreshing at 5PM PT, 8PM ET, and 1AM BST each day.

How to claim your Marvel Rivals CBT key​

To claim a CBT key, you must link your Twitch account to the Marvel Rivals official website. Once you have watched an hour of participating streams, redeem the reward in your Twitch inventory and claim your code on the Marvel Rivals official site.

If you’re unsuccessful, there’s still a bit of a wait until the Marvel Rivals release date. Fret not, though, as there are plenty of free Steam games to try out. If you’re a big comic book fan, one of those is Marvel Snap, one of the best PC card games right now.

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Reactions: Johnic

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Umm I guess this is news… but considering the Concord beta discussion I guess it’s fair game.

Not really paying attention to beta numbers. First Descendant wasn’t doing great with beta periods if I recall for instance.

PvP games… a bit different. You kinda get close to full exposure to the game in these trials.

All things considered 50k peak and falling after two hours isn’t anything special. Or maybe it is considering it’s just a glorified demo.

Sigh

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Maybe you concord glazers should take the big fat L. We had opinions posted about closed beta numbers not conflating with a game's popularity then maybe keep the same energy for this game as well.

For a closed beta marvel's rivals has 50x the players Concord had.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So suddenly Hero Shooters / overwatch clones or whatever are welcome again? No longer 5 years too late or too saturated? 🤔

Maybe you concord glazers should take the big fat L. We had opinions posted about closed beta numbers not conflating with a game's popularity then maybe keep the same energy for this game as well.

Bra who gives a shit, the game was amazing and that's the only reason why a few us stand by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and Kokoloko

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Likewise keep the same energy.

Now GaaS is fine and Hero Shooters are good?

Cause not Sony?

Reactions: Puff

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
So suddenly Hero Shooters / overwatch clones or whatever are welcome again? No longer 5 years too late or too saturated? 🤔

Bra who gives a shit, the game was amazing and that's the only reason why a few us stand by it.

Cause not Sony?
We love overwatch clones now

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Cause not Sony?

Of course.

“PS fans” who say the same thing as Xbots when it comes to gaas/mp for Sony games and they also constantly doom and gloom.

But that concern disappears when another studio does it the same thing…do you also play gamepass? ….. I dont have time for these type of fans, cant tell whether they are a PS fan or Xbox fan in disguise lol

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Of course.

“PS fans” who say the same thing as Xbots when it comes to gaas/mp for Sony games and they also constantly doom and gloom.

But that concern disappears when another studio does it the same thing…do you also play gamepass? ….. I dont have time for these type of fans, cant tell whether they are a PS fan or Xbox fan in disguise lol

To be fair, I don’t see anyone (here) caring about Marvel rivals. I saw the trolling above by what’s his face and his usual gimmick. Clearly just to throw shade. Whatever lol

Do I think it will be successful? I mean sure, there’s some more positive buzz around it than Avengers.

So the appeal is definite those fans. For whatever reason I also a feel a bit more optimistic about Rivals than avengers.

The point to make to in comparing to Concord… is that… Rainbow Six is the dominant premium priced hero shooter and the king of the genre. Overwatch 2 still gaming in top 20. Valorant f2p and tracking well in invite beta. And now rivals launching f2p at some point with decent buzz.

It’s kinda bizarre how the deck is stacked against concord at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
To be fair, I don’t see anyone (here) caring about Marvel rivals. I saw the trolling above by what’s his face and his usual gimmick. Clearly just to throw shade. Whatever lol

Yeah. I just meant overall. If you look at the forums and individuals, half these people that complain about woke in Concord, played Overwatch and didnt say shit about the pronouns or LGBT characters.

Concord Beta comes out and its too much. Then MS declares leaving off DEI, while a few months ago when Stellar Blade came out, microsoft was ruling against curvy women lol. Its just typical gaming media bs and the PS fans fell for it because of there hate for Gaas

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

Cause not Sony?
Well if Sony made this I for sure would support it but they made Concord so the question is moot, Its funny that netease that is perceived as the bane of gaming has more insight into consumer wants than friggin playstation

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Is this how gaming is going to be determined and ruled now? By Steam numbers?

Well blame Sony for not providing transparent player numbers on PSN :/

Yeah. I just meant overall. If you look at the forums and individuals, half these people that complain about woke in Concord, played Overwatch and didnt say shit about the pronouns or LGBT characters.

Concord Beta comes out and its too much. Then MS declares leaving off DEI, while a few months ago when Stellar Blade came out, microsoft was ruling against curvy women lol. Its just typical gaming media bs and the PS fans fell for it because of there hate for Gaas

TBF, characters like Tracer may be gay, but they're also just genuinely attractive characters regardless sexual orientation of them or who's looking at them. Concord has a strong lack of attractive or appealing character designs. That's the game's biggest problem.

Tho I agree it's "interesting" how the Microsoft DEI thing didn't even break 2 pages on ResetERA, when I bet if it were SIE it'd of been on the front page constantly and hit 20 pages in a week. Like I know Xbox as a console brand is second-fiddle but Reset's a predominantly American forum where Xbox as a console is still somewhat relevant.

Guess it goes to show how fake progressive many of these people actually are, the moment it conflicts with their corporate worship.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well if Sony made this I for sure would support it but they made Concord so the question is moot, Its funny that netease that is perceived as the bane of gaming has more insight into consumer wants than friggin playstation

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Reactions: Danja