Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Lets You Slow Down Combat to 30% Speed

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
In a new update on the PlayStation website, a slew of new accessibility options have been revealed for Spider-Man 2 which includes being able to slow down gameplay to 30% speed.

The website outlines:

Building on the accessibility improvements in previous titles, these features allow the game to be enjoyed by more players of different abilities:
  • Audio: screen reader support will read aloud all on-screen text in menus.
  • Captions: on-screen captions and audio descriptions are available for cinematic scenes.
  • Gameplay: you can choose to slow down the action to 70%, 50%, or 30% of the full speed; switching back to regular speed at any time.

• haha
Reactions: Falcs and Nym

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's nice. There's literally people with disabilities that cannot keep up with certain games' action speed, so this will allow them to enjoy the game all the same. More options is not a bad thing, especially if they allow more people to play the game and have a good time.

Some assholes with use a laugh emoji, but we can just ignore them.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

Hb1XkQt.png

• haha
Reactions: Falcs

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That's nice. There's literally people with disabilities that cannot keep up with certain games' action speed, so this will allow them to enjoy the game all the same. More options is not a bad thing, especially if they allow more people to play the game and have a good time.

I am with you on this one, I think things like this are a wonderful addition to helping people out.

@Nym, you cold-hearted Bastard,do you float? 😍

Nym

21 Jun 2022
This is nice sure but does it go far enough? What if I'm not capable of playing it at 30% speed? Can we afford to leave these people out?

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is nice sure but does it go far enough? What if I'm not capable of playing it at 30% speed? Can we afford to leave these people out?

You do know you don't need to be an asshole about this, right? A little bit of compassion and understanding goes a long way into being a better person, you should try it.

Reactions: Box and JAHGamer

Nym

21 Jun 2022
You do know you don't need to be an asshole about this, right? A little bit of compassion and understanding goes a long way into being a better person, you should try it.

I'm an asshole for saying they aren't doing enough for the mentally disadvantaged by providing merely a 30% game speed? I'd like to see them bring it all the way down to 1% tbh I don't see why they thought 30 should be the floor on this. And honestly this is still leaving people out, there should also be a mode for paraplegics that allows you to watch the game being played.

• haha
Reactions: Falcs

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm an asshole for saying they aren't doing enough for the mentally disadvantaged by providing merely a 30% game speed? I'd like to see them bring it all the way down to 1% tbh I don't see why they thought 30 should be the floor on this. And honestly this is still leaving people out, there should also be a mode for paraplegics that allows you to watch the game being played.

We both know that you are against this, not for it, hence your original reaction and why I called you out. Now you're playing the ironic victim card, that just shows what a huge asshole you are. Block on this asshole.

Reactions: JAHGamer and Yobo

Nym

21 Jun 2022
We both know that you are against this, not for it, hence your original reaction and why I called you out. Now you're playing the ironic victim card, that just shows what a huge asshole you are. Block on this asshole.

I can both laugh at people who would use a 30% reduced game speed to beat a hard game they can't tackle and suggest new ways to provide even better accessibility options for those who might require them

If you are going to provide accessibility options, shoot for the stars I say! The laughing is specifically aimed at people who should be able to beat the game the way it was designed but choose not to, somewhat similarly to the way I laugh at people who choose baby controls in street fighter because a fireball motion is too much for them

Nym

21 Jun 2022
you dont get a trophy for being an idiot either and yet here you are

I don't understand the hostility being directed towards me for suggesting even more accessibility options for the infirm

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
If anybody asks me the definition of a shitty human being, I'm quoting these:

And honestly this is still leaving people out, there should also be a mode for paraplegics that allows you to watch the game being played.
If you are going to provide accessibility options, shoot for the stars I say! The laughing is specifically aimed at people who should be able to beat the game the way it was designed but choose not to, somewhat similarly to the way I laugh at people who choose baby controls in street fighter because a fireball motion is too much for them
I don't understand the hostility being directed towards me for suggesting even more accessibility options for the infirm

What this piece of human garbage should be grateful for is that games don't require an IQ test to be played, else there would be nothing for him to enjoy. Fucking mouth breather thinks the earth is flat and then comes up with this shit.