Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – Venom Actor Says Only 10% of His Recorded Dialogue Was Used in the Game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
marvels-spider-man-2-image-1536x864.jpg

Via GamingBolt

Venom being Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s main antagonist was among the bigger reasons the game generated as much excitement in the lead-up to its launch as it did, and with the game now more than a month old, it’s fair to say that the iconic villain lived up expectations. Interestingly, however, it seems only a fraction of the voice recording that voice actor Tony Todd did for Venom made it into the final game.

The same was confirmed by Todd recently at Fan Expo San Francisco (via @Okami13_ on Twitter), where he revealed that only about 10% of all the dialogue he recorded for Venom was used in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. Meanwhile, as reported by Culture Crave, Todd also revealed that a scene that he recorded voice lines for would have seen the Symbiote passing on to Miles Morales, though the idea was scrapped and removed from the game.

Developer Insomniac Games has previously suggested that it might develop a spinoff focused on Venom should there be enough demand for one amongst fans. With so much of Todd’s work as Venom apparently not having been used in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, could it perhaps be being saved for a standalone game?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I hope this means DLC 🙏 or separate game

And I can’t even imagine a Venom Miles, he’s already way too overpowered as it is. Giving Pete the symbiote was the only thing that put them on equal footing.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I just finished platinuming Spidey 2 a few days ago and I was honestly disappointed by Venom's portrayal. I know it's not the Eddie Brock Venom, but generally he's portrayed as a goofy and weird character who's always saying or doing random stuff. In the game, he maybe has a total of 5-10 minutes of on-screen dialogue, if that. I think they spent too much time on Kraven, the build-up to Venom, and showing Peter with the symbiote suit, and not enough time on actually showing us Venom. A bit disappointing to say the least.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just finished platinuming Spidey 2 a few days ago and I was honestly disappointed by Venom's portrayal. I know it's not the Eddie Brock Venom, but generally he's portrayed as a goofy and weird character who's always saying or doing random stuff. In the game, he maybe has a total of 5-10 minutes of on-screen dialogue, if that. I think they spent too much time on Kraven, the build-up to Venom, and showing Peter with the symbiote suit, and not enough time on actually showing us Venom. A bit disappointing to say the least.
I kinda agree, wish there would’ve been more Venom but also feel like Kraven didn’t get enough screen time either. But at least we got to learn more about Kraven throughout the game without seeing him.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I think Venom got plenty of time as the latter half main villian and I liked the fact they made him a menacing foe and not some sissy introspective clown. Would have liked to play as him a bit more, if anything. The game would benefit greatly from combat challenges ala Batman Arkham. That way we get to toy with the playable characters on mob arenas.

Game still open for an Eddie Brock Venom or even a H Venom, considering he's still alive.

Loved Venom's portrayal so much, I no longer fear how they're gonna handle the series from now and onwards. Can't wait to see how they handle Carnage - pure savagery (aka darker). Overall Insomniac made the jump Guerrila has not made, into the Top along with ND and SSM.

Nailed the look, nailed the heavy feel, nailed the voice, nailed the combat (which can be expanded), nailed the strong "Overpowered" aspect. A work of art. 👌

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I don't get the popularity of Venom. Kraven was much more interesting

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

They are probably saving him for a Venom game

• brain
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I still find it kind of crazy they feel it necessary to do double line readings for all the Spider-man dialogue in the open world - a normal reading and one where it sounds like Spidey is talking while taking a shit