Marvel's Wolverine is set to release in 2024, With Bend studio's new IP in 2025

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
With Insomniac i wouldn't be surprised.
Me either, I think its 2024 PS5 Pro launch game.
Insomniac is efficient but that would require a miracle.
Nah, development started in 2020, Insomniac revealed it in 2021. Miles morales and Rift Apart teams are both working on it, and Spider-Man 2 devs started movin over to Wolverine since early 2023. Insomniac isn't the type of studio to reveal a game 4+ years away. It's definitely possible without a miracle, especially for one of the most talented and efficient studios in the entire industry. Worst case scenario it gets pushed to q1 2025, but I can see 2024 q4

• Informative
Reactions: Box and Entropi

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I'd say it's only a personal guess made by he artist. I could see Wolverine released in 2024, but I think it's maybe even more likely to see it released in 2025.

Maybe these were the original dates that Sony originally was targeting, but as very usual they pretty likely would get later delayed.

Regarding Bend's new IP, I wouldn't expect a 2025 release. I think that instead 2026 or 2027 releases are more likely.

Reactions: Diah

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If thats true then that would be amazing.
Means Insomniac will release 5 (or 4.5) games From 2018. Spiderman, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman 2 and Wolverine...

Whereas Bend will only release 1 since 2019-2025.

Whatever Insomaniac is doing, studio size, multiple studios, money.

Sony need to do the same for the other big studios Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sucker Punch.
Imagjne they all had a similar output

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Whatever Insomaniac is doing, studio size, multiple studios, money.
They say they give incentives to get productivity through the roof. Here is the live feed of their office's web cam:

Bath Coke GIF

*This is not sugar or flour.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
wolverine GIF by National Geographic Channel

My most anticipated game. Wolverine could be my GOTG if the combat and story hit.

Last Ronin looks cool too though.

Rise of the Ronin is going to be fire and I can't wait to see what Bend are making.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'd say it's only a personal guess made by he artist. I could see Wolverine released in 2024, but I think it's maybe even more likely to see it released in 2025.
Wolverine is set in Manhattan this time, that will speedup the release schedule.

Do we know if it's openworld? I'd rather have a game with linear "levels" for wolverine.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i hope, it is more Mad Max combat style then Spider Man.
would be better semi-open world with more location then open but one open world.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i hope, it is more Mad Max combat style then Spider Man.
would be better semi-open world with more location then open but one open world.
Yeah Spiderman combat isn't for this! I'm sure thyll nail a diff flavor tht fits!

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Me either, I think its 2024 PS5 Pro launch game.

Nah, development started in 2020, Insomniac revealed it in 2021. Miles morales and Rift Apart teams are both working on it, and Spider-Man 2 devs started movin over to Wolverine since early 2023. Insomniac isn't the type of studio to reveal a game 4+ years away. It's definitely possible without a miracle, especially for one of the most talented and efficient studios in the entire industry. Worst case scenario it gets pushed to q1 2025, but I can see 2024 q4
I don’t think it started in 2020 the Miles Morales team is working on this and they were wrapping that up in 2020. If this did start development in 2020 remember, there was a pandemic. Studios were closed, so how much work did they even get done? We only got a CG trailer in 2021 and they didn’t start Mo-Cap work until early 2022. Also the Rift Apart team is working on a multiplayer title.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don’t think it started in 2020 the Miles Morales team is working on this and they were wrapping that up in 2020. If this did start development in 2020 remember, there was a pandemic. Studios were closed, so how much work did they even get done? We only got a CG trailer in 2021 and they didn’t start Mo-Cap work until early 2022. Also the Rift Apart team is working on a multiplayer title.
Studios weren’t closed, they were working remotely, it’s how Miles Morales was able to be shipped in 2020 at launch during the pandemic. Pre production of Wolverine ended in 2020, non programming Miles Morales devs (concept artists, writers, animators, etc) moved on to Wolverine months before MM released. Full development started in 2021 after their holiday break. Not everyone from Rift Apart went to the multiplayer game, many went to work on Wolverine. The multiplayer title was in the much earlier stages and didn’t require as many people. Which is why it still hasn’t been revealed yet.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Very excited to see what Bend is working on. Incredibly talented and underrated studio. Their tech is crazy impressive. I hope they have good writers as that would be their only area of concern for me.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wolverine is set in Manhattan this time, that will speedup the release schedule.

Do we know if it's openworld? I'd rather have a game with linear "levels" for wolverine.
We know it won't be open world. I highly doubt it would be based in Manhattan.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Very excited to see what Bend is working on. Incredibly talented and underrated studio. Their tech is crazy impressive. I hope they have good writers as that would be their only area of concern for me.
My concern is Melee combat or comat in general. It wasn’t on the level of Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch or even Guerilla

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My concern is Melee combat or comat in general. It wasn’t on the level of Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch or even Guerilla
Well, Bend debuted in a lot of things with Days Gone: first AAA game for home consoles in several generations, first open world game, first Unreal Engine game, first time they had -I think- vehicles plus the horde stuff, first new IP in many decades and so on.

They had to spend a lot of work on many areas that were new for them so didn't have time to polish all to the max.

In this new IP they'll build on top of what they had for Days Gone, meaning a lot of work they did for DG won't be needed to be made again for the new IP. That means they'll have time to polish things as could be melee combat.

It will also depend on the subgenre and focus of the game: if it's something more action/combat focused they'll polish more things like combat or melee combat. If instead it's something more like an adventure where the focus is the narrative and combat is something very secondary they'll work less on it.