Mat Piscatella: Marvel's Spider-Man Remains The Best-Selling Superhero Game Of All-Time In The US.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well what other successful super hero game we had after Spider-man? :unsure:

I just remember some failures.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

That's the point! Thts irrelevant, it's not insomniacs fault other devs cant get the formula right. And why did you say "after" Spiderman? Doesnt matter after or before. Batman is great and successful too just not as successful.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I’m not surprised. It’s the best superhero game out there too.
Bro, when you first play it after you know years of playing other super hero games besides Batman, it's so surprising how good it is in terms of being in a real superhero world and controlling one. Initially I was in awe but I will admit some of the side quests get repetituve asf.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's the point! Thts irrelevant, it's not insomniacs fault other devs cant get the formula right. And why did you say "after" Spiderman? Doesnt matter after or before. Batman is great and successful too just not as successful.
Because to destrone Spider-man can only be after it... not before.
Only a game after it can set a new record but what we have were all well near failure games (I'm most talking about the Avengers games because I really don't remember others).

So his point is basically useless (I don't even know why he tweeted it).

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Bro, when you first play it after you know years of playing other super hero games besides Batman, it's so surprising how good it is in terms of being in a real superhero world abd controlling one. Initially I was in awe but I will admit some of the side quests get repetituve asf.

Yeah, I was skeptical of superhero games, so my expectations where very low. By the end, the game was my favorite Spider-Man story (compared to the movies) and one of my favorite games that year.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, I was skeptical of superhero games, so my expectations where very low. By the end, the game was my favorite Spider-Man story (compared to the movies) and one of my favorite games that year.
We eating good this year! Because I know Spidey 2 about to be a spectacle and showcase of goodness! Then Wolverine in a couple of years smh 🔥🔥

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

It's not like any Superhero that came after it would have been able to top it. Not even Spiderman 2 will.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Only a game after it can set a new record but what we have were all well near failure games (I'm most talking about the Avengers games because I really don't remember others).

He commented on an Anniversary tweet? Stating it still holds the records for best selling Superhero game ever in the US?

His tweet is perfectly fine and totally coherent in context..

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
He commented on an Anniversary tweet? Stating it still holds the records for best selling Superhero game ever in the US?

His tweet is perfectly fine and totally coherent in context..
Of course it is, even regardless of that. I've learned Etho has a weird way of looking at shit 👀👀

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Danja

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Not really useless. His just pointing out nothing else has come out to outsell it and it still sits at the top.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nope, the Arkham games are all better. I still love Spider-Man though and SM2 has potential to dethrone Arkham
Great you love them as so did I but Nahhh for me Spiderman takes the cake. But hey we get to enjoy them both :)